Killing Floor 2  (Read 6182 times)

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
Killing Floor 2
« on: May 13, 2015, 12:41 »
 :-[

What do you think of Killing Floor 2? Is it worth the time and money?

http://www.killingfloor2.com/

N3Cr0

Re: Killing Floor 2
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 16:57 »
I think I would buy it for 5 bucks. ;)
http://n3cr0.itch.io/

xmpp: n3cr0@jabber.ccc.de

Vanico

• Loves KF and makes maps.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 18:20 »
Not interested. It just lacks atmosphere. I'm sure it's going to be a fun game but it just doesn't offer the stuff I like about KFmod i. e. the horror elements.

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 17:21 »
I caved and bought it. It is pretty good, I'll say it is subjectively better than KF1. I'm not gonna lie, I think KF2 has more atmosphere than KF1 too  :D

Some things to note are:

- The new gore system is lovely. The splatterhouse effects can be turned down if need be. Consistent shots to the same area will visibly deteriorate said area. Dismemberment is a thing now!

- The knife still makes you run faster, BUT they've also included a sprinting mechanic. From what I've noticed there's no stamina so you can sprint indefinitely, and the speed boost is negligible. It's equivalent to going from a decent walking speed to full-on Olympic running through thick molasses.

- The trader is no longer a living breathing entity, it's a futuristic vending machine. Literally.

- Since it's in Early Access on Steam, there are 4 classes (Berserker, Commando, Support, Medic) and 3 maps (BurningParis, Outpost, and BioticsLab) one of which is apparently a remake but I'm confident to say it is completely different.

- There are three new zeds. Cyst which is a reskinned Clot, and Slasher which is a faster reskinned Clot. Hans Volter is the new Patriarch and is basically an old man in an exoskeleton. Yay.
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

Snipe34

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 19:50 »
Dismemberment (Morph Targets) are in UT3 so shooting vehicles bits break off.  Also available in UDK and fairly easy to do, and I agree makes the whole process of shooting up a monster more satisfying.  ;D