Kreative Korner > Maps & Mapping

Killing Floor Mapping Tutorial

<< < (2/11) > >>

deathnotedo:
dam the only thing i need to know bout mapping is how to make a zombie be somewhere i dont mean a zombie spawn volume but i want to make a map like so when you turn a corner a zombie walks out of a door any one got any idears??

poompoom500:
 :-[ To deathnote,

--- Quote ---i want to make a map like so when you turn a corner a zombie walks out of a door any one got any idears??
--- End quote ---
Sure thing. You need something like KF-TheHive251 triggered spawns (or KF-Horztal33).

KF-TheHive251 uses a "scriptted trigger" to activate a zombie spawn(s). First, you need a mover (door) to activate the "scriptted trigger". You get the "scrippted trigger" by clicking on the "Actor" button. It looks like a chess pawn. Then you go to "Keypoint", then "AIScript", then "ScripttedSequence", and finally to the "ScripttedTrigger". Go to the location where you want to place the scriptted trigger and left click and scroll to the part that says "Add ScripttedTrigger Here". Then right click and you have your scriptted trigger! Then open its properties by clicking on the scriptted trigger and clicking on "Actor Properties".

Then click on "AIScript". Then "Add". And go down to "New". Scroll down the list and choose "Action_WAITFOREVENT". Then click on "New" button on the RIGHT SIDE! Then click on "External Event". Then type in the "tag" (name) of the mover (door). Then go back up to the "Actions" bar and click on "Add" button again. Now you have to choose a different slot, "ACTION_SpawnActor". Then click on "New" on the right side. This will open up the event bar. Click on the "ActorClass" button and scroll down to "ZombieBloat" or whatever zombie you want to spawn! And that's it.

poompoom500:
 :-[ To jeetkundo,

--- Quote ---Can you please tell me how to add objects ?
--- End quote ---
Okay. This should be kind of easy. Anyways, let's start by click on the "staticmeshes" button at main menu bar. That should be the one under the "File, Edit, View, etc..." bar. It's the arch picture. . What you get is the static meshes dialog box. Click the "open" button. It's the one that looks like an open envelope. . Then you'll see the  "Open Static Meshes Package" dialog box. Choose the static meshes you need. I'll choose "KillingFloorstatics.usx". From that selection, pick the object that you want. In this case, I picked the "Patio Table".. Choose your location where you want the object to be, and left-click and scroll to "Add Static Mesh: 'KillingFloorStatics.PatioTable'". And right-click. Bwahlah, you have your object!

And if you want to RESIZE the object, just click on its properties, and click on "Display" bar. Then click on "DrawScale" and change the size. I changed it to .5 from 1.

Snipe34:
Great how to do it mesh tutorial, poompoom!

For trader doors and map basics there's also a tut that comes with KF, in the KF directory.

poompoom500:
 :-[ To jeetkunedo,

--- Quote ---i want to export  my custom textures and static meshes
--- End quote ---
It shouldn't be too hard. Unless you want to crop or "borrow"  the object from a map and save it in an SM file to use for your own. Anyways, just go to your Windows Explorer, click on your main HDD (hard disk drive), C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 2004\KFMod20\Textures, and choose your textures, (ex. KF_Mahloeeh_MyLevel.utx) and copy it to a separate folder (ex. "My Documents\jeetkunedo_exports"). Of course you have to create the sub-directory, "jeetkunedo_exports" before you "copy to" your textures file to it. The same applies to your static meshes file(s).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version