General Zone > Helpdesk

Alternative forum skin?

(1/3) > >>

Grim_Fandango:
Hi team,

Would it be possible to install an alternative forum skin/template with a colour scheme and font which is a bit easier on the eye for us oldies?  I have to squint to read the text, and I can tell you that that ain't a good look.

The current colour scheme IMHO isn't reader friendly.  I've seen a few forums which have an option to choose your preferred skin from a drop down menu on the front page.

Any chance of adding an option to choose skins?
What does everyone think?

Piglet:
It's not something I've looked at much. It needs someone like kops, with skill in this sort of thing. I can do 'functional', but not pretty

hagis:
I suspect you know but if you hold down ctrl and spin the mouse wheel you can move the page size larger (can also do from browser menu itself)

I have it set to 120% on here so it's easier to read

Grim_Fandango:
Thanks guys.  It's not so much the font size which is causing issues, rather the red text on a dark background...It burns my retinas!

I have however managed to get around this problem by pressing Ctrl-A & Ctrl-C on forum topics I would like to read, opening a notepad, then Ctrl-V the lot into the page.  The resulting black text on a white background make reading posts a more enjoyable experience, albeit a  lengthy workaround. :)

kops:
Run a search for accessibility plugins for your browser.  You'll find several that will do things such as invert the screen colours, up the contrast etc etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version