The big Piglet appreciation thread.  (Read 9244 times)

THOR`

• anxious_f0x
The big Piglet appreciation thread.
« on: June 25, 2020, 22:10 »
I’ve known Piglet for many years, and through various different communities, first meeting him over at the Cains Lair community way back when.

He’s always been at the heart of the communities he’s been involved with and has done truly great things for the game we all love.

So this is to you Piglet, thanks for all you do for the community, it’s truly been a pleasure gaming with you through out the years, here’s to many more! ;D

Piglet

Re: The big Piglet appreciation thread.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 22:38 »
Awww....shucks.

Thanks mate! It's a pleasure helping people to have fun.

}TCP{Cloud

• If everything is a dream, don't wake me up.
    • Cl04d
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 04:33 »
Ode to the Pig! Personally, I dont know u very well and long, but i always enjoy playing and donating your servers, and playing some with you over the years is always fun, good sportmanship, wich is a rare thing most of times. :-)

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 04:46 »
I've been inactive for the last few years until more recently but to see the effort Piglet's put in to mantain and support the community is astounding. Big cheers to you!
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

kops

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 08:43 »
Yup I'll drink to that. Pretty much the driving force at Titan and, more recently, here.  When not spamming 'Cover Me' 20 times a minute is a lovely chap and a big, sexy bastard too.

Great job, chap and thanks for finding me and bring me in from the cold :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:46 by kops »

Absolute_Madness

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 10:24 »
Big Up for Piglet  ;)

Piglet

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 11:16 »
Oh yeah Absolute_Madness?

Who spends much of their free time fixing maps and testing them and uploading them to the server for us to play?
Who let us use their server as a redirect until we got access to somewhere in the same datacentre as the server?
Who coded all the silly-but-fun pills and stuff on the iCTF server?

You did. Thank you.

What's great is that there are people who are willing to help.

There are a few people who have made donations of money (either ad-hoc or as a regular donation) to pay for hosting, colocation, and towards the physical hardware.

One person re-did the Freon guide and took no credit for it (did you Kops?)

There are a few people who have helped with technical issues as they arose.

There are a few people who have helped with images for the server monitor.

There are a few people who have helped with maps for the server.

There are a few people who report cheaters (with uploaded evidence) when they see them.

There are the admins who will step in and remove problem players, help assess reports of cheaters from demos and videos sent in.

etc...

Whilst I appreciate the thanks, it's the people who are willing to help I appreciate the most. Thank you.

Goop smooches? Bring it on I say. I have plenty of flak in my canon if you know what I mean.....
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:20 by Piglet »

tirofijo!!

• bash the fash
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 13:20 »
yeeeee! cheers for Piggy! a beer in your name, salud compa!!

hagis

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 14:25 »
pigs is right, it's not just the effort of a single person, lots help and the community themselves who come for the fun is also a large part of what makes it function :)

I have some idea of what it takes to fiddle around with the freon and get stuff working and pigs has put in a lot of time and energy to improve the code and for one I appreciate that :)

THOR`

• anxious_f0x
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 15:06 »
Indeed, credit where credit is due, it is of course a team effort, I didn’t mean to indicate that it in any way wasn’t.

Big thanks to everyone involved :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 15:15 by THOR` »

Piglet

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 15:22 »
Oh no - not taken that way at all.

I was just saying that I appreciate the team. Anyone is welcome to help. Nothing is demanded. Nothing is offered beyond thanks and the continuation of the setup so we can continue to have fun playing the game here.

As with all things, if people help where they can then the load is shared.

If you have some spare cash and have the inclination to help in that way, then feel free to donate some of it here and we'll find a good use for it in hardware/hosting/dns/co-lo fees etc. If not but you have time, skills and inclination to help with anything from looking for maps through to helping fixing coding bugs then that would be welcome too.

If you can't help in that way, you could help by looking at the maplist for maps not on the server monitor and getting us some screnshots (as per the thread about it).

If you can't help in that way, you can report problem players with evidence we can check out.

If you can't help in that way, you can "be nice" on the servers....

holyspam

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 15:29 »
I really appreciate all the time he puts in maintaining the quality here. It's the mentality.  It's all the small details that make the server and the community great and sometimes those small details can be exhausting to get "just right".
Piglet you might say that the community is the one helping you, but, it's the work you put in the server that motivates everyone else.

Annihilator

• Kus on su raamat?
    • annihilatorsc
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 15:58 »
"The big Piglet appreciation" or "The big Piglet appreciation"? :P

Killer_XTREME!!!

• "Turn your wounds into wisdom"
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2020, 16:39 »
3 Cheers for PIGGY and JUSTICE, HIP! HIP!! HURRAY!!! and to all the SERVER ADMINS!  O:-)  :-*
see you all in game BROYS! :)

THOR`

• anxious_f0x
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2020, 22:16 »
Oh no - not taken that way at all.

I was just saying that I appreciate the team. Anyone is welcome to help. Nothing is demanded. Nothing is offered beyond thanks and the continuation of the setup so we can continue to have fun playing the game here.

As with all things, if people help where they can then the load is shared.

If you have some spare cash and have the inclination to help in that way, then feel free to donate some of it here and we'll find a good use for it in hardware/hosting/dns/co-lo fees etc. If not but you have time, skills and inclination to help with anything from looking for maps through to helping fixing coding bugs then that would be welcome too.

If you can't help in that way, you could help by looking at the maplist for maps not on the server monitor and getting us some screnshots (as per the thread about it).

If you can't help in that way, you can report problem players with evidence we can check out.

If you can't help in that way, you can "be nice" on the servers....

It’s all good Piglet, always happy to keep throwing money at you to keep the lights on.  :)