General Zone > Technology Area

Mechanical KB

(1/3) > >>

kops:
Decided I'll be better with a 100 or 110 keyboard. Am looking at the Ducky Shine 7 or the Glorious GMMK.  From what I gather the build quality is better on the ducky but I love the idea of hotswap switches on the GMMK.

Anyone used either and can recommend (or an alternative)?

Piglet:
I have a Corsair Vengeance K60 you're welcome to have. Needs some cleaning - but with Cherry MX Red keys it's a little too sensitive for me. I prefer the brown ones.

I've been meaning to stick it on ebay.

Comes with key puller and red tops for WASD & numbers 1-6:

Blub:
I cannot really give you an advice here since I don't know a lot about mechanical keyboards. I own one but I'm not sure what brand/type it is.

Just one question though: How do you deal with the noise these things make?  ???

Piglet:

--- Quote from: Blub on November 15, 2020, 23:41 ---Just one question though: How do you deal with the noise these things make?  ???

--- End quote ---

Wear headphones. Mute zoom when typing on a conference call. Shut the door. :)

Grim_Fandango:
Due to a coffee spill and a change of jobs, I decided to push the boat out and purchased the following:

- Razer Tartarus V2
- Corsair K63
- Logitech MX Master 3

The Razer Tartarus seemed a great idea at the time, however my fingers don't fall naturally on the keys, and the space button (jump) just doesn't feel right.  It was a complete waste of 80 quid.

The Corsair on the other hand is a dream to use.  Sure it's a little noisy when doing the day to day office stuff, but I've found it very responsive when gaming.  I like the fact that you can set different profiles depending on which applications you use.  For example it's only the WASD, space and menu keys which are lit for UT.
It must be decent keyboard, as I managed a marathon Face Classic match of 1 hr 20 minutes last night and I could have went another couple of hours more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version