Kreative Korner > Maps & Mapping

Unrel Editor WIN10 selecting needs time bug

(1/2) > >>

Miauz55555:
System is Win10, Intel, Nvidia.
So the known bug under win10 with the editor.
Selecting things like Static Mesh usw is normly instandly without any delay.

Under win10 you have some delay depending on your system specs and complexity of the maps.

Wormbo wrote there: http://www.ceonss.net/viewtopic.php?p=10764#p10764
that "Selection problems in UEd3 are usually caused by anti-aliasing." So turning that stuff of and using compatibility layer  to win7 reduces the delay.

When you than use a 4/3 ratio it will reduce the delay again a bit (Thanks HV) .. but it's still there (around felt 0.5 seconds regardles the map for me).

When you use compatibility layer resolution 640/480 it will run as smooth as silk. No delay at all., perfect. But not useable in that resolution, at least for me.

So here we start.
Has anybody a better solution which will eliminate the delay completely?

hagis:
I have no idea if it will help but have you seen some of the dll stuff holy posted in https://miasma.rocks/index.php?topic=1477.0

that was to reduce game lag for windows 10 but I wonder it might help for the map editor ?

holyspam:
It's a driver/windows issue.
The workaround is to temporarily disable your GPU drivers.

Go in device manager,
Find your graphics card (under Display Adapters),
Rightclick - disable device.
DON'T uninstall!!!

Selecting stops lagging, unless you're completely zoomed out.

When you're finished, or you like to play the game re-enable the device.
I suggest rebooting after you finish working with the editor and re-enable your GPU.

holyspam:

--- Quote from: wife on November 29, 2020, 10:55 ---What if your machine doesnt have a separate GPU but a CPU with integrated graphics?  Asking for a friend :D

--- End quote ---
For me it works!

Molgan[ApA]:
Interesting. I run the ed in win7 and never experienced this, think I'll wait with the upgrade on my mapping rig.. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version