OPEN SOURCING THE PIGSPN & BALANCER  (Read 12334 times)

nyrde

Re: OPEN SOURCING THE PIGSPN & BALANCER
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2021, 14:50 »
Hello! One source of problems in the balancer could be that some people play it also with less players. When you have 20+ players you get shit more points than when you play with 8. So the appr is affected by the player number. Is it possible to do so that that player number affects the appr (only appr not game ppr) that in balancer the 16 players equals factor 1, 8 players is then 2, 32 players 0.5? so the formula is appr=ppr x 16/num_of_players...

nyrde

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2021, 14:52 »
Maybe we should call it something else than appr... weighted appr = wappr :D

nyrde

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2021, 15:05 »
Hmm... now that i think about it... it might not work very well... no it shouldnt be the number of players that it should be compared to... it should be the score. So wappr = average_total_score (16)/average_total_score_(number_of_players) x ppr...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 15:12 by nyrde »

Piglet

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2021, 15:21 »
It currently doesn't use any stats from games where there are fewer than 6 players.

It's really difficult to get it "right". If you think about it's actually better that it doesn't result in exactly even teams. Every match would be more of a stale-mate. 

As I said, all the code is there in the package. If you want to extract it and come up with good changes to the balancing code please do. I'll use anything that will make the game better.

UCC BatchExport 3SPNv3225PIG class uc ..\3SPNv3225PIG\Classes

nyrde

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2021, 17:57 »
Yeah... it was just a thought... I totally agree. And you know i don't think there is any way to make it perfect. And sometimes it's fun to dominate the other team. And the balancer as it is currently is working quite well... I think most matches end 7-10, 8-10 or 9-10... total domination is quite rare i think.

hagis

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2021, 18:41 »
if the pprs are within 1 whole ppr it's close enough generally,. unless one team is sucking or whatever and it gets to 0-6 or more which is v rare

the balancer is definitely not perfect and it could be different but at match start it does a decent job (it's the multiple joins and leaves in the middle of a match can sometimes mess things up)