General Zone > Technology Area

Spare PC parts

<< < (5/5)

Rage:
hey piggy,

got it running with ut aswell but - no sound - only have win 10 and drivers for supreme fx stopped at win 7 so very low sound using gpu hdmi =(

Piglet:
Yay! Good news.  My monitor had headphone out so I used HDMI sound for ages on my last pc.

Rage:

--- Quote from: Piglet on December 18, 2021, 23:59 ---Yay! Good news.  My monitor had headphone out so I used HDMI sound for ages on my last pc.

--- End quote ---

volume is ridiculously low on hdmi sound - ive tried numerous drivers but not found one to give more volume

Piglet:
I'm just trying a £2.50 no-brand USB sound card thing from ebay I got for something else. It works perfectly!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=usb+sound+card&_sacat=0&_sop=15

Rage:

--- Quote from: Piglet on December 19, 2021, 12:58 ---I'm just trying a £2.50 no-brand USB sound card thing from ebay I got for something else. It works perfectly!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=usb+sound+card&_sacat=0&_sop=15

--- End quote ---

Yeah I had sound through hdmi to monitor but was very quiet - the board has no onboard sound and you have to use the supreme fx to gat any decent sound or buy another soundcard - but it was easier just to dl win 7 and install that =)

so the Q6600 is very stable with a radeon HD8470 gpu im getting 200fps and its very stable - the GTX1060 i have was giving 200-250 with an I7 3770k so for some reason it was bottlenecking slightly  then i bent the mobo cpu pins - i then used an athlon A8 6600k but that coupled with the GTX1060 that massively bottlenecked fps drops 60 to 140.

playing using the q6600 UT feels very smooth all i notice now is a slightly higher chance of HS for some reason and very slight delay (ms) due to the shitty 60hrtz 8ms monitor - where i have fired but enemies shot registers first - can be annoying.  when I can I will get a better monitor just not in a position to buy atm with house cost and wife being ill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version