Windows crosshair cursor shows up in game SOLUTION  (Read 16108 times)

CRONix

Re: Windows crosshair cursor shows up in game SOLUTION
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2021, 19:31 »
I would appreciate any additional good idea

CRONix

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2021, 15:34 »
The problem was mouse losing contact, stupid cheap mouses every mouse and keyboard i ever had, works fine few months and then connection starts breaking at the point where cable enters the mouse.

21st century and they have not been able to solve this. Maybe it does not happen in some 100€ mouses, i don't know, i never payed that much for a mouse.

I tried to prevent this on keyboards and mouses with electrical tape on the bending part, it helps, but not always.

Yesteraday i opened the mouse and no, i was not feeling like cutting the cable and re-connecting the 5 thin wires, i just pushed the cable little bit inside so new healthy part is at the bending point and for now it's good.

I am starting to consider buying an expensive mouse if that would make a difference.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 15:36 by CRONix »

Piglet

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2021, 19:08 »
I have a supply of usb mouse cables and replace them when they die.

The MX518 "Hero" is my mouse of choice

CRONix

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2021, 20:27 »
Altho thin copper wire is flexible after few dozen thousand times being bent it breaks.
They should use some other, more flexible type of wire for the bending part, where
cable enters the mouse.

Piglet

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2021, 21:04 »
What? And stop people buying new ones?

holyspam

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2021, 22:42 »
The problem was mouse losing contact, stupid cheap mouses every mouse and keyboard i ever had, works fine few months and then connection starts breaking at the point where cable enters the mouse.

CALLED IT

This happened to me when my old mouse got disconnected due to a damaged cable, to fix it i was pressing alt+enter twice which switches to windowed and back to fullscreen.

Tested right now, unplugging the mouse makes it appear.

See if when you bend the usb cable, you get the USB connect/disconnect sound.

CRONix

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2021, 23:43 »
CALLED IT

Yea you did, but i somehow missed the damaged cable part and only read the alt+enter part.
I suspected of this being the cause myself, but i focused on other potential causes, i never had such issue happen before.

Main reason i thought it was hardware issue is cause i got a second hand mini PC which quite often gives a blue screen of death
mostly likely due to bad SSD.

I also dropped it few times, so i suspected this mouse freezing must be due to hardware, altho i had same broken cable issue million times before.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 21:36 by CRONix »