Gaming Zone > Unreal Tournament 2004

A Bit of Better Balancing

<< < (2/26) > >>

Gil-galad:
great to see that all i thought isn't off the mark, then. And indeed, we stand on shoulders of giants. it would be great to be able to use that. I wonder is someone has ever done something for assault. I used to hope for it years and years on. being a noob forever in coding.

Anyway, i was just giving my vision, and glad to see that is not alien.

The_Cowboy:
Now that you mention, here is the teambalancer (for assault) https://github.com/TheRealWormbo/EvenMatch by one of the giants  :D

Gil-galad:
it is, apparently, 
--- Quote ---A UT2004 mutator that provides special team balancing rules for public Onslaught matches.
--- End quote ---

Onslaught, then, which is pertinent for Warfare.

The_Cowboy:
Ah yes, you are correct! I got confused between the two gametypes.

I am more than willing to give a few pointers regarding the unreal scripting for setting the build environment and writing a well behaved balancer, if you are interested in taking a shot. All it needs is basic familiarity with the programming (java or c/c++/c# or python) and mental coherence.

Piglet:
...and time. A lot of time...and a remote back-end to talk to in a sensible protocol that can take stats information as game ends or as the player leaves the server, and provide you with the stats of the players as they join.

As we've seen over 30,000 different players over the years there'd be far too much information to store in ini files on the server.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version