French Racist Players using racist or affiliated Nicknames on miasma servers  (Read 22682 times)

[RMD]JoeMillionaire

Hello guys, its because i read french i could come across some nicks that are pure racist-anti jews nicknames, playing on Miasma servers

orduresYoutres is the first nickname : Jews=trash is the literal translation, but using words that only anti jews use, can not translate better.
la_quenelle is the second nickname : it is related to a guy(actor, humorist...) who turned out to be racist against jews, and is related now to a group of people(extreme right) who denies the existence of concentration camps during 2ndWW

These guys nicks are post-fixed with FR, so they are located in France, and using such nicks i suspect they are french
I never saw these guys before, so they are quite new on miasma: i stopped playing regularly 2 month ago.  Seeing this just smelled so bad on servers i came to really like.

I felt I had to bring the subject, so you guys can decide what to do next, now that you know (i would myself get their IPs and filter out on it in order to ban them, but its just me)

Peace, Joe

Piglet

Thanks Joe. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We have absolutely no tolerance for any form of hate/racism etc. 

Player 1 is banned.

Player 2 is NanoC/[ST2]Tenebre....he should know better. I'll deal with that another way.

[RMD]JoeMillionaire

Thanks Piglet for taking swift action.

Arbok

hmm the amount of times rounin did the exact same thing and got away with it..infuriating

Piglet

hmm the amount of times rounin did the exact same thing and got away with it..infuriating

Since March these are the names he's used:

Rounin_Napoli
ETERNO_DIEGO
La-Parajita-La-Paul

What's the problem?

Arbok

Since March these are the names he's used:

Rounin_Napoli
ETERNO_DIEGO
La-Parajita-La-Paul

What's the problem?

words in game like : free palastine ,fuck israel ,fuck jew,rat is invisible... stuff like that.

Piglet

I hope any admin seeing anything like that rids us of the player.

zeus

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SAYING "free palestine"? I DO NOT READ ANY RACISM / HATRED OUT OF IT

Arbok

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SAYING "free palestine"? I DO NOT READ ANY RACISM / HATRED OUT OF IT

i think that your brain should have already conceived in he's little tiny illusion (that u might be in) the words that followed after that.
your words sums up everything that i pointed out.

the ignorance.

wanna keep a clean game that is uninvolved with politics what so ever? even free "narnia" should be banned to say.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 22:05 by Arbok »

Arbok

I hope any admin seeing anything like that rids us of the player.

pig if your'e not around at that moment? no one will ban him.trust me.
and there were a few situations that some admin was around and haven't done a thing.

Piglet

I checked the logs and he never once uses the word "Jew".

He has used the word "Israel" twice ever. Both were in the context of referring to a player country code tag instead of name.

There was one comment in Italian I'm checking with the admins made at about the time you accused another player of not being Jewish.

There's certainly no repeated history of problem in what he's saying.

Arbok

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
My viewpoint
* Assumption(s) *
It seems you have great deal of respect for Jews or are one yourself.

Quote from: ETERNO_DIEGO
judei=nazisti
If you understand the equations, you can appreciate the fact that it is not exactly racist(1) (as it is written). Nazis, as far as I know, were supposed to be elite Aryan race (though heavily misguided) but still at the top, or so they believed. If anything that equation puts Jews (if judei is indeed what I think it is) at the top.

If you bring in the entire context of painful/sad historic events, then yeah I think I can understand the rage it might instigate, but I'd give some room that the speaker is not intending the same thing (I may be wrong on that). Maybe he feels the same amount of good or (and) evil from both the races.

What I am saying here is that you won't be able to prove the racist(1) intent of the speaker based on that equation, ever......

you are nothing
It might be a personal attack on you as an individual. If you think it is inflicted on the entire race, then "maybe" it is you who are racist (2).

Palestina free
Freedom is a birthright (in my ethical sense). If that bothers you, then "maybe" it gives us a clue about you.

(1) Here I think I am assuming that racist means "my race is better than yours so you are inconsequential" kind of mentality. Taking pride in one's own race is a good thing, but not at the cost of others.
(2) Here I think I mean that you are distributing the personal attacks on you, on entire race. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 08:25 by The_Cowboy »
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

freshmeat

i think that your brain should have already conceived in he's little tiny illusion (that u might be in) the words that followed after that.
your words sums up everything that i pointed out.

the ignorance.

wanna keep a clean game that is uninvolved with politics what so ever? even free "narnia" should be banned to say.

https://ibb.co/BVnDFXc

By his own admission, Arbok loves being disliked and creating drama on the server.

Piglet

There was one comment in Italian I'm checking with the admins made at about the time you accused another player of not being Jewish.

Yes, that was it:

21:26 <Arbok (IL) > but your not juwish
21:27 <Arbok (IL) > jewish
21:27 <DIEGO (BE) > i am
21:27 <ETERNO_DIEGO (IT) > judei=nazisti

If you want to see an example of real racism and hate, here's an extract of the stream of filth that hugs (CA) let loose when admins weren't around.

To be clear, the attached is all from this one (banned) player and I'm attaching it only for the purposes of illustrating the difference between one isolated comment in the context of the other conversation and something from the other end of the spectrum.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 09:59 by Piglet »