"The UT2004 master server could not be reached."  (Read 25971 times)

CRONix

Re: "The UT2004 master server could not be reached."
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2022, 15:06 »
That's pathetic.

Phh, look in the mirror. What the hell are you bitching about and how many pirated software have you used/use in your life.

Just shut up.

Paul

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2022, 11:39 »
i can buy you a game:)

CRONix

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2022, 13:05 »
@Paul something tells me you got a pirate version too :)

Piglet

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2022, 14:03 »
That's pathetic.

Phh, look in the mirror. What the hell are you bitching about and how many pirated software have you used/use in your life.

Just shut up.

You know what? This has helped spur us into discussion as to whether to ban more of the the Pirate keys. We want a nice place for people to play, but the people playing on Pirate keys are more often the ones that cause problems. I'm not looking at you - but more about this thread: https://miasma.rocks/index.php/topic,1678.0.html

I've got a possible plan, but will need to run it past the lovely folks at Epic first.

Romulus

• ❤️JL❤️
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2022, 14:14 »
@Piglet
Arra gondoltam, hogy csak olyan emberek tudjanak a szerveren játszani, akik megvásárolták a játékot!
A kalóz kulcsokat be kell tiltani .

Translate good?  :-X

EN:
I thought only people who bought the game could play on the server!
Pirate keys must be banned.

Paul

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2022, 15:46 »
no i have a license

CRONix

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2022, 17:22 »
no i have a license

Suuure you do

CRONix

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2022, 17:31 »
Speaking about the key, quick google search tells me buying game from GOG is €8.79
I have not researched it but i got a hunch Epic does not get 1 cent from them.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/unreal_tournament_2004_ece

Also here you can apparently buy the keys and they range from 2-4€.

https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-unreal-tournament-2004-editors-choice-cd-key-compare-prices/

Only reason i consider buying the key is because pirate key is probably the reason my "IP is banned" on many servers i never even played. But i don't really care about these servers anyway.

Nardaq_NL

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2022, 17:59 »
I wonder why.

The  famous GoG GUID (key)
http://punter.vengefulllama.com/status/traq_result.php?GUID=71d5bc2350a20816a36b2cd2c7ee76ec

The game has been many times 0.99 - 2.99 on sale. You need to look for it once a while.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 18:03 by Nardaq_NL »

CRONix

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2022, 02:08 »
I'm not gonna open a thread just for this but i gotta say, equalizer should be deleted. It is dumb, it balances nothing, it screws the gameplay all the time. You try hard to get those captures for the team and then you get switched. What's the point of playing then? Why not disable the score too or let scores also switch randomly, it's pretty much the same thing.

I noticed others comment lately how useless it is, how it does not properly balance at all and how even if it takes into account player's stats it cannot predict how much "inspired" the players are at any particular moment, it just messes things up, it is totally useless.

I think it would be fair if you make a poll, let as many players vote, let's see who wants eq to stay.

CRONix

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2022, 03:35 »
Eq makes sense if say mulitple players from one team leave in mid game and get replaced by bots, for that situation it makes sense, but other than that, just no.

Piglet

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2022, 12:57 »
For the Warfare server the only time a player gets switched is where the team numbers are off by 2 or more. In that case the latest joining player gets swapped to even the team numbers. That's not changed. There's no new balancer doing that. It's always been like that on the mia servers.

CRONix

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2022, 23:03 »
Ok then

CRONix

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2022, 06:33 »
I'm not opening a thread for this but i'm gonna say the in-game chat has become totally toxic,
not everyone, but many call each other idiots and insult each other almost all the fking time.
Some poor guy just logged in for first time, maybe plays UT for first time and they call him
an idiot for it. Is that the community we want, wtf. And that happens every day.
OK these classical provocations like "you play like a girl" and similar, those are funny, or Sup's
escapades, that stuff is funny. But some of them are sleazy, for example they write each other's
name and just a smiley, for no reason, totally uncalled for, clearly just to provoke, to get a reaction.
And they think they're smart, oh the irony. Those are the biggest tards. But what can you do,
that's the magic of internet and there is always gonna be few of those around who's parents
did not beat 'em enough. But still, some level of moderation would be advisable, at least to
stop the insults, and if that's too much, at least toward the noobs who maybe log in for first
time just to be welcomed by "you idiot", lol. If it wasn't funny, it would be just sad.

Harris

• T-800
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2022, 12:59 »
Don't expect much of them, completely different mentality comparing to the freon server players (for example). In fact, many regular players, espacially the ones who think they are superior, on the warfare server are the troublemakers. Sad people with sad needs.