Team HellFire  (Read 16581 times)

holyspam

Re: Team HellFire
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2022, 20:41 »
Yeah I don't know the exact origin of the word but it's used for playstyles that are the most "viable"
For example trying to win a vctf game by killing all the enemies is impossible, instead you focus on tactics that reward you flag caps.

Each map might have a different meta, depending on layout/# of players/type of vehicles or weapons available.

Every small change can change the most optimised and efficient way to victory.
Some people are so good in team games and they  can break down the game into smaller objectives, which can help them create a completely different direction in which the playstyle will go.

Like instead of killing enemies you let them all alive and leave your base, then you grab the enemy flag or something, but in an organised manner, not a leeroy Jenkins style.

Sometimes this can take all the fun out of the game, because everyone copies the best players and the "best meta" which leads to boring and predictable games

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2022, 12:21 »
Thanks for helping with the def :) (holy and miauz) Interesting! I think I am a fan of meta as when I feel object oriented (c++ mood) I go meta without knowing it lol. Funny I never came across this but again I was never into pro gaming :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 12:23 by hellfire »

Hydro

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2022, 19:01 »
OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGG  :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

HELL ! u ganging UP !!!  :)) :)) :)) :))
whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy ?! :)) :)) :))

although i love u but...  :'( i will be against u bro (... Drama music starts to play here ... )

quaDRO is a DRO unit cant leave him alone >:D 8)

sry brotha ... see u in battlefield  :'(

i love u crazy boy :)) :)) :)) <3

duke

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2022, 20:02 »
I don't know, man. I've always thought that the game is played at such a fast pace that it's tough to coordinate anything - whether it's an attack or cover etc. I've watched some of your streams when you're doing teamwork with Kuha, Kyhado or Caracal and from what I see there is maybe a 5-10% difference overall, not enough to alter the score that often I would think.

Also, if you wanted to do discord on a larger scare this would be even tougher - imagine if instead of 2-3 players you would have to coordinate the actions of 6-8 people. I would really like to see how you do on a livestream later on, though just to see if this can work.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 20:11 by duke »

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2022, 22:47 »
I don't know, man. I've always thought that the game is played at such a fast pace that it's tough to coordinate anything - whether it's an attack or cover etc. I've watched some of your streams when you're doing teamwork with Kuha, Kyhado or Caracal and from what I see there is maybe a 5-10% difference overall, not enough to alter the score that often I would think.

Also, if you wanted to do discord on a larger scare this would be even tougher - imagine if instead of 2-3 players you would have to coordinate the actions of 6-8 people. I would really like to see how you do on a livestream later on, though just to see if this can work.

Well you are right in that sense. It be more about personal satisfaction rather than barking some commands (like on snakes or so). Anywho, no one really knows how to manage clusters of entities who have self destructive tendencies. Breaks my heart though  8)
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

Kyhado

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2022, 11:46 »
I think it really depends on the map, how many are in discord and the teams in general.​ ​Maps like facingass, venis and bloodbath are pretty close quarters so coordination is limited but the intel ​still flows​.​ ​Maps like Summerville & DamBeta you can coordinate ​easier ​​since ​bases are obstructed and have some distance so it gives you some opportunities.

​With a larger group it would be mostly the attackers he'd have to juggle ​I'd think since defenders wouldn't need much ​attention outside of a change.

Paul

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2022, 11:58 »
if you gather enough people for this avanture, it will be possible to create target groups. easier to manage when there are a lot of people
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 12:00 by Paul »

hellfire

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2022, 19:45 »
@hydro -- Np :D No matter where you are, my heart will aim at your heart always :D

@ Duke-- Regarding teamwork in discord, the main issue is friendly chat ;) Who does not want to do a bit of friendly chatting and then it becomes jokes or just talk. But when we are serious, I always follow 1 rule: No talk other than intel. No side chat. However, when the number of people increase, then it is mostly chat. I indeed noticed that many times I was not playing as I was more in a chatty mood after work. But there are many games like khayado was saying where discord made all the diifference. Eg: If you tell me which side is the flag runner, then rest assured I will attack ;) So, the 10% stat you quote is for friendly days. But on serious days when we talk only what is needed (the cockpit rule if anyone loves aviation), then discord can be deadly (I used to play counter strike over voice hehe). Try it once duke. Specially we will play 1 day with only intel + no chat rule and you will see the chance inc to 60%!

@paul ---Indeed :) Only 5-6 are enough to become a deadly force. Smaller is better actually as then each player knows what to expect. So, everyone can listen to intel while 6 coordinates the game strat. Honestly I am not a pro but if my life would depend on it, I would go this way to win anything ;)

@all---sorry for late replies. I  did not check forum for a few days (work, wrist pain, python coding :D)

MaD-SkunK

• "Stop trying to hit me and hit me" Morpheus
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2022, 18:16 »
and how exactly are you going to interfer with the balancer ?

hellfire

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2022, 19:55 »
I cannot :) But even if 3 people are on discord and try changing and manages , that is better than nothing. Sort of what me , kyhado and carcal (and the others who recently started discording) do :)

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2022, 03:11 »
Just to reiterate words of wisdom
For the Warfare server the only time a player gets switched is where the team numbers are off by 2 or more. In that case the latest joining player gets swapped to even the team numbers. That's not changed. There's no new balancer doing that. It's always been like that on the mia servers.

Balancer is only concerned with shuffling of the team at the beginning of map. Whatever shuffling happens during the game IS how it has been happening for centuries, erm....., years! Therefore, please, don't form manipulative clusters because they are no useful, and make the game artificially hard, which is, a simple rubbish effect.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 03:13 by The_Cowboy »
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

duke

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2022, 15:11 »
@ Duke-- Regarding teamwork in discord, the main issue is friendly chat ;) Who does not want to do a bit of friendly chatting and then it becomes jokes or just talk. But when we are serious, I always follow 1 rule: No talk other than intel. No side chat. However, when the number of people increase, then it is mostly chat. I indeed noticed that many times I was not playing as I was more in a chatty mood after work. But there are many games like khayado was saying where discord made all the diifference. Eg: If you tell me which side is the flag runner, then rest assured I will attack ;) So, the 10% stat you quote is for friendly days. But on serious days when we talk only what is needed (the cockpit rule if anyone loves aviation), then discord can be deadly (I used to play counter strike over voice hehe). Try it once duke. Specially we will play 1 day with only intel + no chat rule and you will see the chance inc to 60%!
Dude you are so tempting me with joining on discord at least to experiment a bit. The problem is I have time to play like 4-5 days a month now and I need 2-3 maps before I get into any kind of groove. I can feel I'm playing at 70-80% of what I used to before, it's just lack of practice, my aim's a lot worse and it affects my confidence. I'm still willing to try and help how I can. Next week on a weekend?

hellfire

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2022, 10:18 »
I am heading towards your life with the launch of 2 brands hopefully this year ;) I will barely have time to play. Do not worry about aim and confidence. The more you play the more it comes back. Remember we play to enjoy a fight from the couch and keep brains active ;)

Sure let us give it a shot. You will need time to adapt to discord playing specially with calling out directions (since they change from perspective@which base you are looking from).Also many days we actually play worse with discord as people are just chatting and it becomes more fun to just chat and play crap ;)

In short, the only time when we do serious discord are during hard matches and on days when everyone wants to coordinate. I say this, because you should not give up on discord based on 1 day of exp. Eg: Gil joined on a day when discord teamwork was not going on well. So he simply gave up. Same with moi who actually joined long long back just for a day ;) Anyway, see you in any weekend around 6pm onwards whenever you are there. In either case Caracal, Kuha and Khayado are mostly online and they are amazing to play and talk with ;)

Piglet

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2022, 16:57 »
What product are you launching?

Absolute_Madness

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2022, 17:04 »
A juice extractor i think