Ban from Discord  (Read 12475 times)

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
Ban from Discord
« on: May 15, 2022, 22:59 »
Dear Admins,

I have been slapped with a ban from Discord for a month. The reason given to me is my conversations with some individual named Sup. Now let me very precisely define the context, I am arguing against the abuse of liberty done by Sup and alikes within Discord (I'd want only Admins to post, but since this is public sub-forum, I can't prevent others). Just because it is free to speak anything doesn't mean they can start using words like "dick", "schizophrenia", and "dad issues" (not to name other unspeakable terms in public without responsibility).

I'd appeal the Admins to check the Discord logs since two days back from today and gauge the transformation of the environment from calm to agitation and find the root cause of who started it and who ended it and who was keeping the agitation alive.

Since I didn't honestly know how to respond I retorted which I believe could be interpreted as "funny" or "offensive?". But let me know how you would respond when someone calls you and your dad, and then out of the blue, starts talkin to you with unspeakable words. And no I don't think ignoring them is the answer.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 23:20 by The_Cowboy »
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

sup

Re: Ban from Discord
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 23:34 »
Lmao, his life is over

Hi Johnny! I'm from brazilian!
U know, that stupid third world country you didn't even know people existed!
Oh yeah, free speech! free speech!

I vote for a life ban on me and Johnny on discord plz
Thanks in advanced

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 23:49 »
@admins please note I am calling to you and here I am choosing to ignore Sup.

My prediction is it is gonna escalate from now on.
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

sup

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 23:58 »
Damn, I'm disappointed, on Discord you gave me so much attention... Remember?
You said that Brazilians are stupid, that I have a third world mind, that you didn't know there were people here, that there should only be bots here

Plz Johnny give me attention I love exposing xenophobes

I vote to increase our ban to infinity on discord

freshmeat

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 09:45 »
I was kicked off the Whatsapp group around the time Cyber was banned from the warfare server because I said I liked playing with him and will miss his and BJ's antics.  :D meep meep!

ASUUUS

• Sorry
    • ASUS
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 15:29 »
Dear Admins,

I have been slapped with a ban from Discord for a month. The reason given to me is my conversations with some individual named Sup. Now let me very precisely define the context, I am arguing against the abuse of liberty done by Sup and alikes within Discord (I'd want only Admins to post, but since this is public sub-forum, I can't prevent others). Just because it is free to speak anything doesn't mean they can start using words like "dick", "schizophrenia", and "dad issues" (not to name other unspeakable terms in public without responsibility).

I'd appeal the Admins to check the Discord logs since two days back from today and gauge the transformation of the environment from calm to agitation and find the root cause of who started it and who ended it and who was keeping the agitation alive.

Since I didn't honestly know how to respond I retorted which I believe could be interpreted as "funny" or "offensive?". But let me know how you would respond when someone calls you and your dad, and then out of the blue, starts talkin to you with unspeakable words. And no I don't think ignoring them is the answer.

I get ban too without reason :d
Im really sorry

holyspam

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 17:41 »
Dear Admins,

Let's establish some things first.
sup joined 2 days ago, that was on 14-15th May.
But, you have been baiting sup for at least 10 days. I will ignore discord posts from february-march.

You talk shit about someone in a public discord channel, which he is not a part of, so he is unaware of what you say.

You do that for what reason?
A. You bait someone to come on the channel and fight there?
B. You need an audience for your 1v1 fights with sup?
C. idk

So, after 10 days of baiting to join discord, sup finally joins discord you both filled a game discord general chat with a personal love-hate "debate" on who is the best Nobel candidate on physics and medicine.
Now you don't like that actions have consequences and you make a forum thread asking to review chat logs
Forcing me to spend...27 minutes of my free time to justify why i think you both deserved a ban.

Well if you don't think the real reason was good enough here's the new reason:
Code: [Select]
I could have spent all this time shooting people in their face in VCTF-Afghanistan-V5, instead of policing toddlers
/thread

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 18:18 »
I personally find the constant flame war schtick to be very grating. It's impossible to tell if people are being serious or joking but also it's just not funny or entertaining to see. If you two want to continue please take it to someplace else.

I dont think it's exclusively to do with the feud, however; I've seen a lot of arrogance and boy-calling-wolf lately (picking on people or speaking rudely, then crying for admins when they've decided they've been wronged). Other people have brought it up to us and it really needs to stop.

As far as ASUUUS goes, well, you cheated not only the game, but yourself.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 18:24 by [MiA]Latte »
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

sup

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2022, 19:15 »
None of this would have happened if Johnny was banned for everything he said. But everything was ignored and I decided to teach him a lesson on my own. Apparently it worked

Things like:

Iran is punished, stupid iran
Hydro go to stupid pit where you crawled out from. Because you are a crawler
you are mud from pakistan (in hindu so no one can understand it)
You have a third world mind
Oh, I didn't know there were people in Brazil. (and other xenophobic stuff I can't remember)
speak stupid woman
She's is fat (referring to risel)
tell your bastard dad to face me
and may peace of shit be upon you

(I can prove everything I'm saying or you can see the logs for yourself)

So please stop saying that I'm being immature arguing with him, I don't know in your country, but in my country xenophobia is a crime and I don't have any tolerance for people like that. (same goes for Loon and Rounin)

I reaffirm my request for a lifetime ban on discord for both of us. That way at least the xenophobic guy will lose his toy and reflect on life.

Piglet

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 19:43 »
I was kicked off the Whatsapp group around the time Cyber was banned from the warfare server because I said I liked playing with him and will miss his and BJ's antics.  :D meep meep!

I'm not even on that group

ASUUUS

• Sorry
    • ASUS
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2022, 20:17 »

I'm not even on that group

And why im banned too? I didnt do nothing bad
Im really sorry

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2022, 20:30 »
Now I know why I lost Afghanistan !!! Holy was not there when I needed 1 more attacker /midfield :)

@freshmeat-I never knew people get kicked off that group for such reasons lol. @Piglet won't regret joining unless you have the habit of reading everything lol. How I did was have a 2nd number so my personal phone was for life while this group I glance when I want to check up on everyone :) No way I read 100+ texts (or 600+ if I ignore a few days lol)

Most topics are funny or informative and its nice to meet people from all over :)

Piglet

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2022, 10:47 »
And why im banned too? I didnt do nothing bad

Other than cheating?

charsi_baba_zzz

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2022, 11:24 »
peeps getting carried over a trash talk on the internet. Hillarious predicament!

Piglet

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2022, 12:17 »
True, but words can be hurful. There's no reason not to be nice to each other.

I don't mind a bit of banter when it's intended to be friendly and accepted as being friendly. Taking the piss out of friends is very much part of my culture.

However there's enough bad stuff in the world without the servers and chat here becoming like 4chan.