[Freon Tournament]  (Read 5801 times)

BountyHunter

[Freon Tournament]
« on: July 30, 2022, 20:52 »
Hey guys and girls!

We talked about a freon tournament while playing on the freon server. Just an idea yet, lets talk about it. For a start:

-Do we have the support of the admin team?
-Who is interested? Who wants to participate and on what role?
-(depending on the number of people who would assign) What would you prefer? 2v2? 3v3? 4v4? 5v5? 10v10? Random teams?
-When would it be good to have the games once a week or make the entire event in 1 go on a specific day? (on a weekend - maybe?)
-Should there be an entry fee to make up a symbolic prize money? Or should it be free?
-Should the winners be announced on the server everyday for a week to inflate their ego?
-Anyone willing to record all games and make a frag video?
-Should we broadcast the entire event or events on twitch FOR US and players who cannot participate but still wanna watch?

This is the brainstorming phase so write down what ya think!

Please let everyone know about the general idea.

Thank you for your time, peace!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 08:10 by BountyHunter »

Miauz55555

• Full MemberĀ 
Re: [Freon Tournament]
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 23:42 »
=)

hagis

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 18:41 »
some matches would be fun,. I don't mind helping organise if needed :)

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 11:59 »
We should include ICTF too hehe

Vintage

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 21:08 »
 C:-) count me in, who wants to team

BountyHunter

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 21:29 »
: )
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 08:43 by BountyHunter »

nyrde

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 17:37 »
Yeah lets do this! I am in! :D

roaster

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2022, 10:43 »
I'd love to play but can only really do Fridays, earliest 8pm bst.

Min 4v4, 5v5 I think ideally and 10v10 would be fun if there's enough interest!

Once a week or all in 1 go is a tough call. Hoc run a really good winter tourney every year that's spread out. I know that takes a hell of a lot of managing so maybe this initial 1 in one go to see how things go?!

Free entry,  for love of the game :)

Not all winners will need their ego inflated!! :) But yeah announcing on the server is a good idea!

I only know US players who could record the games and make some good videos unfortunately.

Sorry I can't really commit any time to helping out with organising at the moment.

Look forward to hearing more!

roaster :)

hagis

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 09:01 »
hey hey roastrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)

I've never playing on the HoC tourney (timezones are not ideal) but the old SoL LiC Vs DiC (girls Vs guys) were a lot of fun,. we probably don't have enough ladies

game format was 3 maps 8v8 with admin figuring out how to come up with balanced teams,. the way it was done,. basically match each player on team A with a player on team B,. not exactly on PPR but knowing roughly the players

there was also the SoL singles tournaments which were fun too but the 8v8 (or could be any number) were fun for an evening

also need ideally teamspeak or other method (discord?) with voice chat for each team,. at least 1/2 the fun is being also to talk to each other during the match

Stealer

• StealerNinja
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 18:27 »

I only know US players who could record the games and make some good videos unfortunately.

Miausz (few posts above) got me into recording, his vids are much better than mine. You could always ask him if he can record some ;)

I can record some matches if I'm about. I'm not interested in playing competitively, that requires sobriety  ??? ^-^ Maybe a sub if someone doesn't turn up and I'm about. 50 hour weeks, I don't get much free time, although one of my friends does 80 hour weeks - he is tech director of a web design company though...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 18:29 by Stealer »
Stealer.T32