Bidets...why? but more importantly, why not?  (Read 4146 times)

Grim_Fandango

Bidets...why? but more importantly, why not?
« on: August 06, 2022, 00:40 »
Bidets originated in France and are commonplace in houses and hotels around a large portion of the globe, however they haven't really taken off in countries such as the UK & USA.

I've just renovated my bathroom and have fitted a smart toilet seat.  This got me wondering...why aren't they popular in some countries, whereas others fit them as standard?

I'm a definite convert.  My undercarriage has never been so clean and I squeak when I walk.
I also save on toilet paper, the seat is heated (I no longer have to ask my wife to warm the seat for me), and at the end of the cycle, it gently wafts warm air towards your nether regions.  It's like a 1000 angels blowing kisses at your butt.

What's your thoughts on bidets, smart or otherwise?
• Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, made up genders are from Uranus.
• It's all shits & giggles until someone giggles and shits.
• I wish I had the aim of an Eastern Bloc player.

Flenser

Re: Bidets...why? but more importantly, why not?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 01:43 »
I’m in the US and we’ve had washlets on our toilets for at least a decade. They’re excellent, but the heated seat is the best part, for me.

Grim, I read your post out loud to my wife, and we both laughed a lot. It was superbly written, well done.

Paul

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 05:14 »
The Russians haven't borrowed the drain barrel technology yet, judging by the latest news :D

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 11:21 »
Now I understand why you asked my French touch :D To be honest it is massively psychological. If parents introduce something as a child, it becomes a lifelong habit. Now the chicken or egg problem.

So, I think people need to try it out and then decide on an individual basis what they prefer. I think a best of both world approach can be a middle ground but then since when was the nether regions getting so much attention? :D

Also, I asked a USA friend why not and he said splash back lol. Now that can make many people bail out. So, I think the industry needs to take into account such concerns to just enhance the experience a bit more for people who have such concerns ;)

Old French had a much different style of using which involved hands than today's modern systems but well people should experiment to find their best comfort :D

Paul

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 15:05 »
Трепло

Stealer

• StealerNinja
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 16:43 »
I've got one on my toilet. It's heated with adjustable sprays and warm air (drier).
It's handy if you run out of tippee, but I don't like it or use it. The warm seat is lush in the Scottish winters though!
Stealer.T32