Im done with this game  (Read 7181 times)

duke

Im done with this game
« on: September 02, 2022, 15:50 »
Im out. Today was the last straw. I've had way too many matches recently where I capped 3 or 4 times and the team can't figure out that maybe they should defend, instead they either do absolutely nothing/pretend they are doing something or attack as well even though 95% of players have no clue how to do it. Newsflash for people who still can't figure it out. If you're not
1) defending - ACTUALLY DEFENDING = you're looking at our flag and taking down anyone who comes close to or has already taken our flag. If they flee = YOU MOVE YOUR A** AND GO AFTER HIM.
2) attacking - if you can actually do it well, to mention a few - Quadro, th3, El_Rompeculos, Hydro, Sup, Thunder etc. If your name isn't in this small group of 5-10% of players - get your a** on defence and do something useful
3) covering the attacker - going behind someone who already took the flag, ideally shooting a redeemer or quickly jumping behind the attacker to clear any "intruders"
you're doing NOTHING, NULL, ZERO, NADA. I don't care how good your aim is, if you can't combine it with some brains. There are games where I'd rather have Steve or Draugr (double jumping + flak) on defence in my team than someone like Loon or even Scofield. Lexa is the only exception where his aim is so good and does so much damage to the opposite team that it actually transcends playing with any brainpower.

And for people who notoriously critisize me for no defence/teamwork like Risel - in case you didn't notice I actually do it from time to time, but it only happens in games where I have good attackers in my team who can cap, people I have 100% faith in. Ask th3 how many times I defended when we were in the same team (like on Veniis 2 or 3 days ago, and I don't care if we had a beef recently I never sab games because of that), ask Quadro, ask Sup what I'm doing on magnet when I'm in the same team with him, ask Thunder how often I help on defence when we're together in the same team on Edge. I've defended several times with El_Rompeculos in my team. The problem is I rarely have really good attackers in my team that's why I focus on it 100%. Killer has crisitized me for not defending when were were in inferior teams - yeah dude if I go on defence instead of a 2-5 loss where I cap we enjoy a slow, painful and torturous 0-2 loss instead where the only reason we play is to lose slightly instead of going out swinging and actually giving ourselves an outside chance of winning.

I never asked people to play with as much intensity as I have, but at least do your work properly (no 1, 2, 3 mentioned before) and have some sense of urgency since in the end this is a multiplayer game and team effort. If you don't care then go play Skyrim or something where you are 100% in control of the final outcome.

I'm fed up after so many matches where I did 80%+ of the work for the entire team and still ended up losing because 8 other people think that someone else is going to do the dirty work for them. Most people don't realize how absolutely frustrating this is, because all you care about is hiding/waiting for your little Redemeer and DO KABOOM BOOM (if at least you knew how to use it properly). I'm not surprised that Hell_Fire_Back gets gradually more pissed off in his streams where he needs to run around like a rabbit on entire maps helping with everything and he can still easily lose in the end, because he's playing with people who are absolutely useless. It comes down to a point where people who are indeed useful can't waste one freaking nanosecond and be non-productive for even 0.0000001 seconds, because if they do the whole team pays for that.

What's funny is that so many players still have so much room for improvement, but the only players you actually only see improve are those who were/are already good to begin with.

Anyway, I'm taking an extended break from the game and see how things change in a month or two. I'm done busting my balls doing the work of 3-4 people in most of the games I play for now and having to think about everything 100% of the time.

Piglet

Re: Im done with this game
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 16:08 »
Come and play Freon. Smaller teams. Less frustration as long as you don't mind being shot at.

kops

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 16:13 »
and on freon we have hugs and zapiekanka :)

holyspam

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 16:26 »
TL;DR

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 16:28 »
This isn't what they meant by quiet quitting...

Come play Freon, then you can be frustrated by people not thawing (like me). :))
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

duke

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 16:36 »
I FEEL MUCH BETTER NOW THANK YOU :F

I'll check it out after I come back, this pause is long overdue for a fresh start.

Gil-galad

• Hail the Holy Flying Spaguetti Monster!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 16:40 »
Seems like a rant I could have come up with, on some days! All players that have a central or pivotal role in their team can relate to that.

I second everyone's suggestion about Freon, it could be a nice change for you.
His sword was long, his lance was keen.
His shining helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

The Fall of Gil-galad - J. R. R. Tolkien

holyspam

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 16:41 »
Seems like a rant I could have come up with, on some days! All players that have a central or pivotal role in their team can relate to that.

I second everyone's suggestion about Freon, it could be a nice change for you.
Yes it will help my average PPR a lot if players from warfare join

kops

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 17:02 »
Yes it will help my average PPR a lot if players from warfare join
:D

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2022, 17:08 »
Ok duke...I am no longer your friend. I do not even feature in your book!!! Like literally as if you do not notice me kicking your ass from time to time? (This was for forgetting to even mention me once in your book :D) . On a serious note, I feel you bro..I am on a petite sabbatical where I stopped relying on the team and just focusing on my job and guess what..its working lol. I think that is the best way but hell yeah in your head you are shouting and playing the noob song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntdBTiUBF3I).

Anyway, Friday nights are always fun and ICTF is always open if you ever want some pill popping fun as else it seems you might pop a few pills in real life if they give you such a hard time :D

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2022, 17:10 »
Lyrics version for people who cannot follow fast lyrics : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWe5vV1NDgs ;)

Kuha

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2022, 18:23 »
Lakovost++ Bender spot died for this. shaking smh. Come on Duke u cant make up every week new reasons why u keep losing vctf maps. Stop playing late eu hours and play peak eu hours and u get a team. You could take note from hells book and make yt tutorial and post it on forum or write up guide like Piglet has for freon. Dont quit ut to chase some 18year old polish/ukraine teens thats not life u want.

duke

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2022, 14:21 »
You can lose for a variety of reasons, but this is the most frustrating one. I'm certain you had matches were you carried the whole team, capped a couple of times, retrieved the flags from critical positions and you still ended up losing 4-5.

A tutorial doesn't make any sense to me, it's not about the actual level (which can be improved) but the attitude. I don't care how good you are if you don't care about actually helping the team.

galbro48026

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2022, 21:33 »
this is kinda off topic but relatiable the gaming industr today is all about microtrasaction hey look at me look at my new skin hey i have a gold ak47 that i bough with microsoft points or i got an achievement for plainting carrots in minecraft and people want super easy matches where they own everyone and no challenge. and like the post here is stressing tons of spammers poeple who dont do anything etc.