If you've wanted to help towards server running costs and have not been able to.  (Read 7154 times)

Piglet

I had a chat with the Paypal team yesterday about people in places like India not being able to donate towards running costs etc when they wanted to.

I've had a number of people tell me that they'd like to help but that the donations link doesn't work for them.

If you're one of those people, Paypal said you should be able to use this link:  https://paypal.me/ukpiglet to send money.

Quote from: PayPal
some countries such as India are not able to send donations or make "Friends and Family" payments due to regulations within their country, they can only make payments via "Goods and Services" when doing this we will take a fee of 4.98%+30p due to the payments being international its slightly more of a fee than usual

If you want to try this, please bear in mind the fee if you are trying to get a certain amount of money to us. You may be able to get more help from your local Paypal team than I was able to get from here. They may know more about what needs to be done.

If you do try this, please do let me know how you get on.

The only other option I can think of is to use crypto. I know nothing about that. Maybe Kops or Duke can help!

Joustin_Beaver

Check your PM again. I managed to send.

Piglet

Thanks! Was there anything specific you needed to do that I can add to this part of the donations page to help people get it working first time?

https://miasma.rocks/pages/donate.php#paypalrest

Joustin_Beaver

Used international card.

Right

@piglet dono done

Piglet

@piglet dono done

Hmmm...I don't see anything on the bank account since June, and nothing on Paypal since 22nd September (Thanks Henk!)....please could you check it went through OK?

Just paid the DNS - so that's sorted for a while now

Right

tried it again,  now it visible in pp

Piglet

Yes! I see it. Thank you very much :)

duke

• Full MemberĀ 
Yes! I see it. Thank you very much :)
Piglet you stopped accepting crypto btw?

Piglet

Not that I know. Is there a problem with the wallet?

You're the only person I know who's tried it :)

*edit: The account's still active!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 11:13 by Piglet »

duke

• Full MemberĀ 
Not that I know. Is there a problem with the wallet?

You're the only person I know who's tried it :)

*edit: The account's still active!
Aaaah yes I see it now, thought I saw it on the main page before and it dissapeared, of course I'm lazy didn't bother to check further :D.

I should help you out soon, guys. Let's keep these magnificent servers running.