can i use game cd with cd key instead of steam cd key  (Read 6100 times)

galbro48026

can i use game cd with cd key instead of steam cd key
« on: September 18, 2022, 21:03 »
i dont have steam installed and i have old game of ut2004 on cd set with cd key will your server accept that instead of buying game on steam i have to uninstalll gog.ocm version of ut2004.

Nardaq_NL

Re: can i use game cd with cd key instead of steam cd key
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 21:06 »
It should just work fine.

You don't need to uninstall the GOG version, only change the key.

To change the key you need to use regedit (search in start menu) and expand to the flowing tree's

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Unreal Technology \ Installed Apps \ UT2004

"CDKey"="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"

Here you can edit your key by double click on "CDkey"

If its not there you probably use 32 bit and you can skip "Wow6432Node"
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 21:10 by Nardaq_NL »

galbro48026

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 02:35 »
i went to you tub and went to regedit and the old cd roms back in 2004 location of registry is other place what you show me gog puts in other place and yes i do have old cd key problem is look at wrong place because i looked at the gog section of registry and they have other location of ut2004 but different binary codes and found nohting about cd key entry there. but i lok at your info do it later teell you what happen so toher can see this and learn if have problems thanks.

now interesting thing is many other servers have this to you been baneed but its a error message and once lone ago gog would give you a exe registyr key you just click they would fix problem and then i can go on for example the onmi server on ut2004 but if  bad cd key then you banned error but when click reg exe file give n by gog.com then fixd now.

natewrench

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 19:37 »
i went to you tub and went to regedit and the old cd roms back in 2004 location of registry is other place what you show me gog puts in other place and yes i do have old cd key problem is look at wrong place because i looked at the gog section of registry and they have other location of ut2004 but different binary codes and found nohting about cd key entry there. but i lok at your info do it later teell you what happen so toher can see this and learn if have problems thanks.

now interesting thing is many other servers have this to you been baneed but its a error message and once lone ago gog would give you a exe registyr key you just click they would fix problem and then i can go on for example the onmi server on ut2004 but if  bad cd key then you banned error but when click reg exe file give n by gog.com then fixd now.

Yea a registry edit fixes it, gog should give you a prompt though in their installer. Other than that I used "Unreal Tournament 2004 CD Key Changer 1.0" to change my key and make it active which I got legit from buying UT2004 on GOG.