Salzburg meet-up in December  (Read 14991 times)

Flenser

Salzburg meet-up in December
« on: September 25, 2022, 21:45 »
Mrs. Flenser and I are spending some time in Salzburg in December, visiting the Christmas markets, doing some shopping, etc.

David kindly offered to meet up for some coffee. Would some others might like to join us? It sounds like Pjano and Antonius are possibles.

Our schedules aren't locked down yet for December 6, 7, 8 or 9. Do any of those work for people?

duke

Re: Salzburg meet-up in December
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 22:10 »
I'm all for it if you can ignore all the cursing and name calling that happened in the game :D It's a 7 hour drive from where I live, so not that bad.

It's still spontaneous and it's hard to confirm anything probably until a week before, but if everything allows (especially no travel limitations/restrictions) I'll try to come and see ya all in person ;)

P.S. This is actually the best place to have as many people as possible for a meet-up, the timing seems good too. Great idea guys.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 22:14 by duke »

holyspam

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 22:15 »
It would work on 10th for me, impossible on weekday :/

Flenser

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 01:20 »
Hmmm… We're leaving Salzburg on Saturday, 10 December, but we could do the meet-up around lunch or in the early afternoon that Saturday if that works better than during the week.

David says he lives in or around Salzburg. If he chimes in here, maybe he can recommend a place for us to meet?

Daniel

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 20:11 »
i can show you guys the most beautiful places in Salzburg .. and our family-crypt at the graveyard St. Peter ..

our family lived / lives in Salzburg for many centuries .. victor keldorfer was doin music with mozart ..

some of you guys can stay at my place if you like .. i am close to lake attersee .. 5 miles away in Vöcklabruck ..

whoever .. pjano & guys you is very welcome to stay overnight .. duke etc.

my email-adress is danielamb197928@yahoo.com ..

wish you all the best & enjoy & have a good holyday trip - Fam. Flenser .. save flight .. see you guys in Salzburg

if you like you guys can stay at a farmers place -a friend of mine - joseph mösenbichler in Fuschl Lake .. close to Salzburg

.. half an hour ride ..

there is a cheap hostel as well .. 20,00 Euros a night .. HI-Hostel in Salzburg .. breakfast will be served ..

kind regards

David

Stealer

• StealerNinja
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 18:55 »
Always take adequate safety precautions when meeting people off the internet, although if you have been playing together for a while then you probably already have a good idea of the peoples temperament and personality.
Meeting people off the internet is quite funny: I met some women on there once/twice  :)) O:-)

Just thought I'd add some safety advice :)
Stealer.T32

Piglet

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 19:44 »
Watch out for Kops :D

duke

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2022, 20:32 »
Always take adequate safety precautions when meeting people off the internet, although if you have been playing together for a while then you probably already have a good idea of the peoples temperament and personality.
More or less, but at least from my experience the randomness factor is still big. I've met people who were the exact opposite live than in online conversations. F.e. I'm probably the worst version of myself in the game, can't go 3 minutes without getting pissed at my team, but in person you won't find a more laid back and easy going guy. ;D

The best way is to set up the meeting in the most central and crowded place possible at an acceptable hour and then everyone can decide if that's enough of a personal space to attend.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 20:36 by duke »

Flenser

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2022, 01:57 »
OK, should we just decide on a day? How about Friday, December 9th?

And what time? Noon, mid-afternoon, late afternoon, evening?

I'm thinking maybe 2 pm (1400), we meet up in front of the Salzburg Cathedral, stroll to someplace nearby for coffee, and be amazed at the people behind the UT names.  :D

Daniel

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2022, 14:19 »

team-meeting in front of the Salzburg Cathedrale - time and date - 9th of December 2022 - 02:00 pm = 14:00

we stay in the old-town & christmas market .. there is many places for havin a cup of coffee nearby ..

wish you all the best .. see you soon Fam. Flenser .. my mobile phone no. - 0043 (0)660 234 3751 - send you a picture

allready ? .. enjoy & safe flight & travel .. lg David ..

duke

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 18:47 »
Isn't it a bit too early? Wouldn't 5/6p.m. be better?

I spoke with Antonius yesterday as much as I could through changing my name ;D (I'm still muted) and he said he'll try to come too, so there's that.

Anyone else interested? Come on guys/girls, we won't get a better chance than that for a long time if ever.

Miauz55555

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2022, 20:33 »
OK, frieday is actually also impossible for me. Maybe another year.
When we visited Wien, we used to use a plane. =D .. I definitly want to visit Salzburg, too. But may more October or November to avoid the xmas stress there. .. A local from Wien told us they don't go in the center when xmas is near. Was the mother from the owner from https://wien.kriminalmuseum.at/de/halloween-gruselfuhrung/ which I can recomment when you go with them on the Halloween tour. The building itselve is also nice and how the location around evolved is "interesting". You can also drink some wine after the tour there.

It's ~8 hours drive for me .. Duke you have to cross another land and still faster. =D

Flenser

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2022, 22:36 »
Isn't it a bit too early? Wouldn't 5/6p.m. be better?
I waited a full week between saying "when should we meet" and "ok, we're meeting at 2" and nobody said anything until afterwards.  :D

We can meet at 2, and I imagine we'll still be hanging out at 5/6 and can accumulate more people.

I spoke with Antonius yesterday as much as I could through changing my name ;D (I'm still muted) and he said he'll try to come too, so there's that.

Anyone else interested? Come on guys/girls, we won't get a better chance than that for a long time if ever.

With luck, Mrs. Flenser and I will keep traveling and can pull together people wherever we go.  :)

Daniel

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2022, 06:39 »
i will be around .. !-) kind regards .. David

Flenser

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2022, 16:49 »
I’m surprised we haven’t had any DE players chime in. The train system in that part of Europe is awesome, so hop on one and come hang out!