General Zone > Lulz

VCTF and sociology

(1/12) > >>

Plakatowy:
Hello there,

I haven't posted anything here on the forum for a long time. Two months ago, I defended my BA in Sociology. Sociology is the study of society, its processes and the explanation of these processes. It is a very interesting field of science - on the basis of the available literature, a researcher is able to analyze a given phenomenon, on the other hand, today, in the XXI century, we are dealing with another "dimension" of research, which is the Internet, which in a certain way degree is still unexplored. I have been playing on the Miasma VCTF server for many years, under the influence of my studies I started to notice certain patterns of behavior depending on the country of origin.

For example: I noticed that Italians (IT) statistically more often defend the flag, players from the USA (US) almost always attack, Brazilians (BR) are very inventive and try to find new "ways" to play the arena. I suspect that the reason for this state of affairs is a lot of factors such as lifestyle (society of a given country or individual), work performed (mental/physical, it looks different in each country), cultural conditions (upbringing, behavior patterns considered appropriate in a given society) ) or age (our reflexes deteriorate with age, we become slower, more lazy).

I am writing about all of this to ask you for your opinion - do you also have such observations? I believe that this would be a very interesting research topic, which could revolutionize the perception of the video game market on the one hand and the societies of the countries concerned on the other.

PS: Im waiting on the enemy rooof with raptor!  ;D

Piglet:
Generalisations are by definition imprecise. People get very cross about them when they see it as racial sterotyping or some such.

However, as you say you do get some gut-feel as you play:

(FI) - remarkably good aims. Not very chatty
(BE) - ridiculous aim. Friendly chat
(RU) - more cheats than anywhere else, but other than that no generalisations to observe
(FR) - attack attack attack

Kuha:
  (PL) - Crying and complaining all the time

sup:
Interesting, I've never thought about it on a country level, but I've always noticed that the way a person plays says a lot about a person's personality and psyche.

People who attack all the time and don't care about the team tend to be more selfish (only children maybe? xD)

People who winjoin (or needs deemer, 199hp and 150 shield) all the time are likely to adopt the same behavior in life, trying to get some small perks. In addition to being people with low self-esteem, needing advantages to win and reaffirm themselves as someone skilled (Vlad_Dracula, Loon, Dead_Dredd, Plassy, ​​Romulus and many others)

People who rq always tend to be less resilient with problems in life

People who go camping all the time..well those are just assholes that spoil the game (hi loon)

I've noticed some of these behavior patterns after many years of playing and chatting with dozens of players on what's app

I had never thought about it from a country perspective, but yes, the culture of each country determines a large part of the person's personality and, consequently, their playstyle

Here in Brazil we have a very strong culture of artistic football (dribbling to create solutions etc). I even say "oléé" when I dribble or deceive someone in the game. Maybe unconsciously I transferred this to my playstyle

This is another example of how I see ut as a football match :P (at the end of the video)

Killer_XTREME!!!:
Ahaah! my poor dro! u ded now sup xD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version