General Zone > Technology Area

VR Headsets

(1/5) > >>

Stealer:
Hi all, been tempted by the valve one for a few years, was waiting for it to drop in price, very patiently... Just noticed meta quest 2 and seemed to have some good reviews so bit the bullet + Resident Evil 4 came with it :) I couldn't really justify blowing a grand on something I've never used before, when that could get me a nice wee PC upgrade! It came to £350 for 128gb (2 games) and hopefully my pc is beefy enough to run it reasonably? (Ryzen 5 5600x, Asus prime x570-p, ATi RX 6600, 16gb ddr4)

Does anyone use VR? Which one? What do you think of my choice and what would you have recommended instead?
28 day consumer rights, so I'm gonna test it  >:D

Blub:
Save to say dk is THE expert for VR headsets and how to hide them from the wife. ;)

Stealer:
Lol, not sure VR prawn is the way forward tbh  :))

Blub:
On a more serious note I used to play VR games in a dedicated VR arena some years ago. I think they used the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift, both were fine, but I'd prefer the Vive or its successors, partly also because I don't like the facebook ties of the Oculus.

holyspam:
Apart from playing very casual games with low quality graphics, VR is still in early steps.

I wish GPU makers would focus on improving VR support, performance and input latency instead of stupid ray-tracing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version