General Zone > Technology Area

VR Headsets

<< < (2/5) > >>

Stealer:
It seems pretty cool to be fair. Just throwing paper airplanes seems really cool, it really tricks my brain into depth perception. Think I need to adjust the settings a smidge or its taking my eyes some time to get used to, gives me a slight headache after an hours use.

Blub:
You are both right. On the one hand vr is still in its infancy, on the other hand it is already quite impressive. Check the "walk the plank" game. You basically step into an elevator, go up a skyscraper and well, walk the plank. :D

Stealer:
I was quite blown away by the meta TV (amongst everything else), going on a roller coaster and jumping out of a helicopter with a wing suit. Attempting to get google earth working that might be quite mad.
VR kind of makes me think of the old 3d cinema but slightly more developed. I'll have to check that out Blub! I'm running through RE4 on vr, soo nice to be able to aim like an actual pistol :D

natewrench:

--- Quote from: Stealer on November 28, 2022, 18:31 ---I was quite blown away by the meta TV (amongst everything else), going on a roller coaster and jumping out of a helicopter with a wing suit. Attempting to get google earth working that might be quite mad.
VR kind of makes me think of the old 3d cinema but slightly more developed. I'll have to check that out Blub! I'm running through RE4 on vr, soo nice to be able to aim like an actual pistol :D

--- End quote ---

I get quite nauseous when in VR, but I suspect that will ease overtime with enhancements like for glasses-wearing folk, and maybe like a car sick patch or simply having a fan blowing on you to simulate movement, like when you're in the car and you open the window to breathe in. You need to feel like your moving and not stationary.

Stealer:

--- Quote from: natewrench on December 17, 2022, 19:30 ---I get quite nauseous when in VR, but I suspect that will ease overtime with enhancements like for glasses-wearing folk, and maybe like a car sick patch...
--- End quote ---
Aye, it seems to have got better with time, I no longer get headaches when using them, which was probably due to my eyes adjusting or learning to move my head to view things rather than my eyes (to do with the type of lenses that they use in the headsets). I still only use it for an hour at a time though, unlike the PC screen that I can happily spend a whole day on with no side effects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version