Freon - balance, bio-camping, classic maps - others (discuss)  (Read 47118 times)

Piglet

Re: Freon - balance, bio-camping, classic maps - others (discuss)
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2023, 13:14 »
Not a fan of the bio thawing at all, would change the gameplay compleately. .. For example you now rather push enemys together so they lost there spawn protection. With it you would need to push them as far away as possible.

You'd have to use something other than Bio. They already have no thaw protection, so shoot them!

This would give insta-thaws haha, maybe 10% of the dmg?

Let's start with (configurable) 50%, and turn on thaw puff of smoke

holyspam

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2023, 14:10 »
Not a fan of the bio thawing at all, would change the gameplay compleately. .. For example you now rather push enemys together so they lost there spawn protection. With it you would need to push them as far away as possible.

You'd have to use something other than Bio. They already have no thaw protection, so shoot them!

This would give insta-thaws haha, maybe 10% of the dmg?

Let's start with (configurable) 50%, and turn on thaw puff of smoke

FYI, fully charged bio can deal 200+ damage

Piglet

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2023, 17:06 »
Then don't shoot corpses....

Ok - let's try 25%, and a fix to the webadmin to make it editable properly there.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 17:23 by Piglet »

Miauz55555

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2023, 18:12 »
210 damage .. It's a high reward high risk weapon as it's a slow big blob, long and loud charging as well as short range. .. Would be ~53% thaw at 25%. .. And a single blob does 35 -> ~9% at 25% .. So just rocked jump into a missed full bio with the several blobs when you are low on HP and you are half thawed.
https://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Bio_Rifle
Than rather remove Bio, and LG because a HS is overpowered.

Edit: Or put thaw protection on for 1.5 secconds all the time.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 18:14 by Miauz55555 »

Piglet

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2023, 20:25 »
It's only thawing if you're frozen...so the enemy player has to fire goop at frozen player (or frozen player has to land in enemy goop blobs). If you can arrange to rocket jump into it - feel free.

Miauz55555

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2023, 07:45 »
KK, but don't compain when players abuse the bio thaw than.

Jozz

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2023, 15:24 »
Is it intentional that the bio thaw doesn't complete if the last player standing dies in the bio hit? The corpse shows 100% health but doesn't respawn.
It would for instance if a corpse was pushed into lava, even after the last player dies..

nyrde

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2023, 15:28 »
I think almoust all weapons are OP depending on the situation. Full rox in tight corners, shock combo on medium range, lg hs (but lg hs is really rare I have a good aim and I usually only get smth like 3 hs per mach). But I think the difference is that they still work as intented and the bio is hugely different in Freon than in other game types. There are no static corpses you can use to get easy kills in death match. The bio is "well balanced" to targets that can move. So IMO some nerfing to bio is OK, but not too much. Because I still think that bio camp is part of Freon. Maybe 25% is still abit too much, if I am correct, it is 52 hp so it is 36% of full thaw. I would but it to 17% so it is 25% of 145 hp, full thaw. So four full bio would be a full thaw. But this is smth probably that must be tested.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 15:30 by nyrde »

holyspam

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2023, 15:45 »
I think almoust all weapons are OP depending on the situation. Full rox in tight corners, shock combo on medium range, lg hs (but lg hs is really rare I have a good aim and I usually only get smth like 3 hs per mach). But I think the difference is that they still work as intented and the bio is hugely different in Freon than in other game types. There are no static corpses you can use to get easy kills in death match. The bio is "well balanced" to targets that can move. So IMO some nerfing to bio is OK, but not too much. Because I still think that bio camp is part of Freon. Maybe 25% is still abit too much, if I am correct, it is 52 hp so it is 36% of full thaw. I would but it to 17% so it is 25% of 145 hp, full thaw. So four full bio would be a full thaw. But this is smth probably that must be tested.

I think frozen thaw health is calculated as 1HP = 1%

The idea to thaw people with bio is good, until people who are big natural [censored] abuse it to thaw enemies...so they can...
1. ruin their own game?
2. ruin others' game?
3. ruin everyone's game?
4. love playing the victim when you argue/kick/force-spec them?
5. all of the above?

Maybe we should add some very useful counters in the game.

1. Time spent afk per game while alive, double if typing.
2. Deaths while in afk mode per game
3. Enemy thaws using bio/lava per game
4. Number of times they switched to spec/left the game and back to game in under 60seconds

Then put the high scorers alone in a room with kops.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 15:46 by holyspam »

nyrde

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2023, 22:12 »

Okei maybe I was bit of... 3 Hs in a map if I am lucky, but not every map. And sometimes I cant hit anything anyways... but the point being that they are rare so even better :D

nyrde

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2023, 22:37 »
Piglet! Zeus is teasing me on the server!!

...Not really... and apparently you can't delete messages :D
I go to sleep now...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 22:41 by nyrde »

nyrde

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2023, 22:44 »
But by the way it would be cool if one after match stats would show headshots. THEN I WOULD SHOW ALL OF YOU... SHOW YOU GOOD!!! Muahahahahahaha!!!

Piglet

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2023, 12:43 »
Is it intentional that the bio thaw doesn't complete if the last player standing dies in the bio hit? The corpse shows 100% health but doesn't respawn.
It would for instance if a corpse was pushed into lava, even after the last player dies..

I thought that might happen. The check for the is done in a different place to the damage... I'll have a think

Miauz55555

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2023, 15:56 »
Don't make it like Lava .. that will just make it worse.
Lava maps are the kind of maps which I don't like so much because there is always one on my team, and not on the enemy one, who push players in it after game end .. so the game doesn't end. And in 4 of 5 the other team will win than -> RQ

You need 11 single bio for a full 100% from 0 thaw .. like I worte there: https://miasma.rocks/index.php/topic,1869.msg24267.html#msg24267

Piglet

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2023, 18:20 »
You need 11 single bio for a full 100% from 0 thaw .. like I worte there: https://miasma.rocks/index.php/topic,1869.msg24267.html#msg24267

You deliberately being a twat on the server doing that is not a good reason for changing the functionality. it is, however, a pretty compeling reason to kick you....as I did.