Hi All!  (Read 5250 times)

Bullitt

Hi All!
« on: March 15, 2023, 12:33 »
Bullitt here...
I've been meaning to get on here for a while now and thank those responsible for still hosting this old game. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I bought his game when it came out and have been playing regularly since.
A bit about me...First, I'm probably one of the oldest here, going to hit the big 60 this year! So, go easy on me guys, the arthritis is setting in :D. I'm a carpenter and construction superintendent but have done many things in my life. Most recently selling campers or caravans as my European friends say. I live in South Carolina, US, a few blocks from the beach in a resort town. I like woodworking (obviously), gardening, tinkering with my 2014 370Z and any project around the house. Not working at the moment but looking for something fun and different until retirement. I've been married to my best friend for 18 years. She used to get so pissed at me for playing this game so much...lol. Also, I'm not a fast typist so I don't really interact in the game much. I'm not giving ten points to someone while I type four words. As far as the game goes, I prefer defense or support position anymore. I can tell my skills aren't what they used to be. For those of you curious about my nick...google it. Steve McQueen! I used to have a car almost like the one he drove in the movie. Anyway, I really like the speed of this server and the friendly, fun atmosphere. I played on the Omni server for years and just couldn't take the whining over there anymore.
Thanks again guys!
One last thing, I have an issue where I can't join the server. I'll make a post in the help section and see if you guys can help.

kops

Re: Hi All!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 12:53 »
Hi and welcome to the forums!

On the age thing, there's some ppl here old enough to be your dad :)

J

Piglet

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 17:10 »
Welcome.

Yes, some people here would be very happy to be that young!

Killer_XTREME!!!

• "Turn your wounds into wisdom"
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 05:29 »
Bullitt here...
I've been meaning to get on here for a while now and thank those responsible for still hosting this old game. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I bought his game when it came out and have been playing regularly since.
A bit about me...First, I'm probably one of the oldest here, going to hit the big 60 this year! So, go easy on me guys, the arthritis is setting in :D. I'm a carpenter and construction superintendent but have done many things in my life. Most recently selling campers or caravans as my European friends say. I live in South Carolina, US, a few blocks from the beach in a resort town. I like woodworking (obviously), gardening, tinkering with my 2014 370Z and any project around the house. Not working at the moment but looking for something fun and different until retirement. I've been married to my best friend for 18 years. She used to get so pissed at me for playing this game so much...lol. Also, I'm not a fast typist so I don't really interact in the game much. I'm not giving ten points to someone while I type four words. As far as the game goes, I prefer defense or support position anymore. I can tell my skills aren't what they used to be. For those of you curious about my nick...google it. Steve McQueen! I used to have a car almost like the one he drove in the movie. Anyway, I really like the speed of this server and the friendly, fun atmosphere. I played on the Omni server for years and just couldn't take the whining over there anymore.
Thanks again guys!
One last thing, I have an issue where I can't join the server. I'll make a post in the help section and see if you guys can help.

Oh! The next time you take flag in a match you get a free pass from me as a senior citizen, but only once :p
Hi and welcome Bullitt!

}TCP{Cloud

• If everything is a dream, don't wake me up.
    • Cl04d
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 16:48 »
Welcome to the boards.

Grim_Fandango

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 20:25 »
Welcome Bullitt,

Like you, I'll also be celebrating 3 score years in 2023, and I'm also suffering from arthritis.  When I say suffering, it only started a few months ago, and as it's only my trigger finger, it's more my aim that suffers :)

Great movie and a great actor, I might line Bullitt and Le Mans up for this weekend's viewing.  Last week I treated myself to a special edition of the watch he wore in Le Mans.  While I can't be the King of cool, I can wear a similar watch :D

Take care, be safe.
See you out their amongst the blood and guts and gore  >:D O:-) >:D O:-)
• Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, made up genders are from Uranus.
• It's all shits & giggles until someone giggles and shits.
• I wish I had the aim of an Eastern Bloc player.