Meeting in Texas, USA in June  (Read 6949 times)

Plakatowy

• Buritto
    • Biegan
Meeting in Texas, USA in June
« on: April 26, 2023, 18:23 »
Hello there! I received my visa (ESTA) to the USA a week ago, I want to visit my family living in Chicago (Illinois state) in June. Just as Flenser had the opportunity to meet some people from our Miasma community, I would like to organize a similar meeting in USA. It probably wouldn't be anything serious - going out for a beer, a walk, whatever. Talk about life, about the game, about burritos. I had a chance to talk to SaintHappening (on Discord - highly recommended!) who lives in Chicago about it. I'm sure I'll be able to see him, but ... with who else? The USA is a huge country, I am aware that traveling takes a lot of time, money and energy. Still, would any of you be willing to meet in June?

I'm a huge SpaceX fan so I'm planning get to Brownsville in Texas where they are testing new type of rocket called Starship. Tomorrow (26.06) I will fly to San Antonio (I will be there at midnight for less 2 hours). Than I will go by bus to Brownsville passing stations on the way: Alice (3:45 am), Falfurrias (4:25 am), Edinburg (5:30 am), Mcallen (5:50 am), Harlingen (6:50 am). While I will be returning from Brownsville to San Antonio (02.07) I will pass the following stations on the way: Harlingen (9:55 pm), Mcallen (10:55 pm), Alice (1:15 am 03.07). I will be in San Antonio (again) at 3:25 am for next 4 hours.

Maybe anyone from US live nearby and want to talk for a while? It would be nice!

PS: Thank you Saint for hang out!

Regards,
Plakatowy  8)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 23:49 by Plakatowy »

Cornbread

Re: Meeting in Chicago, USA in June
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 04:08 »
Don't know your route to space x in Texas, but if you are coming close to Nashville Tennessee let me know.

Cornbread

Flenser

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 17:34 »
Edit: I'm also planning to take the Amtrak train to San Antonio
Wow, that’s like going from Warsaw to Marseilles, France! Flying might be a better use of your time, 5 hours vs 30+.

I hope you’re not too disappointed in our train system, it’s not as good as any European system I’ve been on.

Still, I hope you have a wonderful visit!

Plakatowy

• Buritto
    • Biegan
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 23:35 »
I edited the post - do we have anyone from Texas state in US?  O:-)

California

• Dimethandrostenol
Re: Meeting in Texas, USA in June
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 02:16 »
Youngstown, Ohio
Nah bro I'm sweet.