Gaming Zone > Unreal Tournament 2004

Idle kick on map start means you can't re-join game until next match?

(1/3) > >>

satin:
This is new.

How about if you get disconnected, can you re-join then?

Is this some sort of idler remover thingie? I wouldn't have thought with the state of 2004 servers it's much of an issue these days

@piglet, do you know?

Piglet:
if you leave the smaller team then someone from the larger team will be swapped into the gap.

If you do that, wait a few minutes before rejoining, otherwise the logic will see you abusing the balance logic. It can't tell the difference between you being an ass abusing the balancer and you disconnecting/being kicked.

satin:
I see, the message though did specifically say essentially 'don't come back until the next match'

Piglet:
If you come back too soon that's the consequence.

Flenser:

--- Quote from: Piglet on December 19, 2023, 14:41 ---if you leave the smaller team then someone from the larger team will be swapped into the gap.

If you do that, wait a few minutes before rejoining, otherwise the logic will see you abusing the balance logic. It can't tell the difference between you being an ass abusing the balancer and you disconnecting/being kicked.

--- End quote ---

I was one of those asses. If we’re down like 3-0, AND we have a bot, I’d spec for a minute to pull a player from the other team in the hopes of evening up a little, then join back in. If that’s abusing the balance logic, ok…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version