Gaming Zone > Unreal Tournament 2004

He gets 2-3 times higher score then top players

<< < (3/3)

[MiA]Spitt:
Except that Frogger (previously known as Stomper?) doesn't even have the full version and thereby I classify him as suspicious.

me too

Veica:
Either way, we can't really do anything without proof.

Frogger:

--- Quote ---If you're the Zoundman Frogger, you have  >:D . I'm otherwise known as Piglet.T32A. Ex regular of Cain's Lair playing across the pond
--- End quote ---

I'm not, but certainly if you were there in the first three years of UT2004 we'd have spent a good bit of time  shooting at each other. I do remember Cain's Lair, and there were good guys on there. But getting spanked by the  yanks because of my high ping, when I could play on servers closer to home, never appealed. And besides, I was  paying a small fortune for an ISDN line at the time which I wanted to take full advantage of  :)

I remember the server browser being relatively busy with populated servers up until 2005/2006. This is when I  guess things died down a little so I moved on. I actually only installed UT2004 again for the first time a few months  ago for a bit of reminiscing. I didn't expect to stay with it for long, and probably wouldn't had it not been  for the beserk mod. The overall pace of the game really appeals to me and surprisingly the experience still  feels quite fresh. Strange that we've had nothing to really take over from what UT2004 was doing such a long  time ago. UT3 doesn't really count. You must really love the game to have stuck with it for so long!

--- Quote ---& having played on the majority of days since the demo first came out I'm frequently accused of botting.
--- End quote ---

I've been playing competitively online since the days of Duke3D, and for me it was with quake2 that the bots  truly arrived. Almost overnight you went from being complimented on a great shot to be accused of botting. After  all these years the accusations are so damn trite that I can't muster up any care. It's just the nature of  online gaming. Good players get lumped together with the cheats until they build a reputation. And even then...

--- Quote ---I recognise a lot of what you put in your post. UT's more like chess than boxing. Many people never work this out.
--- End quote ---

I think that's a really good way of putting it. I wish I'd though of it, I could have saved myself a lot of typing  :D

--- Quote ---If you want a bit of a challenge for your aiming and movement then pop on over there 217.77.176.198:7880 and join in the fun.
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up, i'll take a look some time :)

--- Quote ---..............................but my ping is tooo high .... and the game is very slow for me ...
--- End quote ---

You'll notice I talk about the improvements to my game with a drop of ping from 50 to 30. You're currently  hitting a score/min of 4 with a ping of around 280. And they consider me suspicious  :P Could I do what you're  doing? I really don't know but It's got to take some thinking about.  Very impressive how you're compensating so well for such a high ping.

Part of me would really like to see what you and Rafator could achieve with low two digit pings. The other part  is relieved I don't have to.  ;)

--- Quote ---Except that Frogger (previously known as Stomper?) ...
--- End quote ---

I think I may have gone through even more names than that before settling on a new one, although maybe not on themiasma.

--- Quote ---...doesn't even have the full version and thereby I classify him as suspicious.
--- End quote ---

As I've said to you before Raj, I'm not too concerned about being seen as suspicious by you or anyone else. I'm  an honest gamer and in my mind should never have anything to fear. I suspect there's quite a few copies of  UT2004 somewhere in my storage, as they gave them away with so many videocards a few years ago. But I don't feel  the need to go hunting around for one. The demo does everything I need.

It's interesting though. In many years of gaming I've only ever been banned from your server, and this was three  pre-emptive bans on the basis of suspicion alone. Not a policy I like, as the server didn't feel particularly  welcoming. But I understand the problems you face and the rules are yours to make.

--- Quote --- I just wanted to ask a simple question and not ask or accuse anybody of anything
--- End quote ---

Great, let's get back to shooting each other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version