Concept for new KF HUD  (Read 23726 times)

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
Concept for new KF HUD
« on: February 06, 2010, 23:35 »
Here it is again... i have some questions also on these images, feel free to tell me what you prefer!

During timeout:

If there will be a way to use this HUD, i'll give a try remaking the perks images too.

Don't mind the small size of objects. All elements can be resized without losing quality. Actually the quality should be even better at higher resolution.:p

Snipe34

Re: Concept for new KF HUD
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 19:10 »
I like the body symbol for kevlar that you lolled at - it looks like a body so it's obvious it's armour.  I like prefer the redcross symbol (note, there were problems with people using the symbol, lol, http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/18/business/18cross.html.  The caduceus is good but not so intuitive.  And well, the caduceus kinda looks like a woman with her arms up doing a pose, but maybe that's my mind doing the Rorschach thing.

Overall I prefer the bottom boxes symbols, but I prefer the top box' more simpler set up...

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 00:38 »
 8)To MiA Raj,

I didn't realize that you do editting on KF2.51? I like the 3rd one with the shirt symbol for the kevlar vest. And the cross for medical (easy to see on 640x480 resolution).

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 10:17 »
Looks like everyone prefer shirt version ^^

8)To MiA Raj,

I didn't realize that you do editting on KF2.51? I like the 3rd one with the shirt symbol for the kevlar vest. And the cross for medical (easy to see on 640x480 resolution).

This is just a concept i made in photoshop. No idea if and who's actually gonna realise it in KF Mod.

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 16:32 »
 8)To MiA Raj,

This is just a concept i made in photoshop. No idea if and who's actually gonna realise it in KF Mod.
I don't have photoshop otherwise I might attempt to revise the HUD. I successfully changed the skins of the zombies and can change the skins of the players BUT it won't work online! The texture file is not the same size. In order for the game to work online files must be compatible with the original. You can use it in SP (singleplayer) mode.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 21:54 »
Been trying to improve it a bit:

let me know what you prefer:
bars or numbers for health/kevlar?
one colour or more? red+white for example

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 00:21 »
 8)To MiA Raj,

Very nice as usual! I just love the way you "create" these ideas. First your web site is superb! Then that HUD thing-ey is stinking excellent! BTW (by the way), check the texture file on your KFMod20 directory and look at KF-HUD.utx! That's where you'll find the files for your HUD! Change that and re-save it under the same name (but don't forget to save the original under KF-HUD_original.utx). Then play the game!

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 00:48 »
thanks poom ^^
i know about that texture thing. Snipe is going to try implementing the hud.. i'm now pretty sure the new HUD will be done. I hope we can also include the old HUD in 2.52 for those who prefer that.

[MiA]Pepe

• Full MemberĀ 
  • Defy the tyrannous stars
    • http://steamcommunit
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 15:13 »
Nice going on that HUD \o/.

I'll think about that bar think stead of the number that I said before. Its a good idea but u guys said before that it would be a little harder to do.

For those who dont remember I said before that maybe a zombie bar mether instead of the number would give things a more reallistic touch (since we wouldnt know if theres any left yet or not).   Or maybe making those 2 options available for players (heeeey maybe the bar would be nice only or suicidal or something like that).
So many ideas hehehehehehe

I'll try to help :)

Over n out.

Stilkdog

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 15:54 »
Been trying to improve it a bit:

let me know what you prefer:
bars or numbers for health/kevlar?
one colour or more? red+white for example

I really do like this one, if you could somehow use this while having the look of 1.0's symbols involved, I would so love it :D

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 01:52 »

Another concept.

Yay or nay?

N3Cr0

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 07:47 »
In that case I'd prefer the old HUD - I don't like the health bar (especially the one for the kevlar vest). It looks too clean.
Well, The ammo counter is not bad
... and last, but not least: the specimen counter looks very nice.

If you asked me, my favorite is the oldest post in this threat.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:50 by N3Cr0 »
http://n3cr0.itch.io/

xmpp: n3cr0@jabber.ccc.de

Vanico

• Loves KF and makes maps.
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 13:51 »
That one is my favourite,  to be honest.
It has a cool style, the colours and the placement are both great.

Also it's very simple. There's nothing you could mix up etc.

Hicks

• Lurker
    • id8
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 15:13 »
Here it is again... i have some questions also on these images, feel free to tell me what you prefer!

During timeout:

If there will be a way to use this HUD, i'll give a try remaking the perks images too.

Don't mind the small size of objects. All elements can be resized without losing quality. Actually the quality should be even better at higher resolution.:p
I prefer bottom box, with red cross and, hm, shirt. Numbers look pretty nice. Maybe better remake shirt to vest - that would be nice.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 15:15 by Hicks »

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 19:09 »
I don't like the boxy one at all... too much going on imo...