A shift in thinking for many Freon players.  (Read 4359 times)

kops

A shift in thinking for many Freon players.
« on: August 19, 2019, 12:07 »
Thawing should be absolute #1 priority; killing should be second.

Rather than go out looking for the enemy to kill, use the radar to go out looking for teammates to thaw and if you encounter an enemy en-route then go into kill mode. This way you become much more effective as a Freon player.

Too often the sole surviving player on a team will play out the round like TAM, trying to engage multiple enemies, rather than looking for team-mates to thaw. With the odds stacked heavily against them, more often than not they'll lose the round for their team.

With two evenly-balanced teams, The team that thaws more inevitably wins the games.  A lot of people will call 'teams' on an unbalanced game where the team average PPRs are similar or even higher on the losing team. The differece is not in skill, it's the number of thaws made by the team in front.

So check the average PPR first and if they are similar or stacked in your team's favour, don't call teams, encourage your own team to thaw more.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 09:51 by kops »

Piglet

Re: A shift in thinking for many Freon players.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 21:29 »
Shh. Don't tell them. They might get better!

Players that play TAM on Freon tend to do quite well, and lose

hagis

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 20:04 »
while I can't say it will definitely help it is worth checking out a couple of the US freon servers (SoL and HoC) they get busy at night (late UK time) but most of the players there have played freon for years, it's fun to see how others play :)

the only other way I can think would be something like teamspeak and team tournaments,. again not sure it would help

edit - thinking about it - EU Vs US team freon would be kinda fun - matches alternate between US + EU servs :)

Piglet

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 20:11 »
Home side wins every time, we found out with Cain's lair Vs Titan.

With netcode on though, could be interesting. Which version of Freon would we use? I like our version...

hagis

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 21:35 »
ya -  I do also,. not having Z on radar makes it harder - but  that's where teamspeak comes in

SoL has +/- radar vers

actually the TR US freon serv plays really smooth for a US serv (though it's down currently!)

Z.Ibrahimovic

• zpammer
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 22:29 »
I agree on not having Z on radar, I'll make sure you have your eyes all on me!
I've got a teamspeak server running that can be used. It's been empty the last 2 years: teamspeak-eb.westeurope.cloudapp.azure.com