Freon bugs and issues to look at....  (Read 40558 times)

hagis

Re: Freon bugs and issues to look at....
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2019, 20:46 »
server is getting busy at times which is cool but I think ppl are sitting in spec slots when they aren't ready to play

is possible to add a couple more spec slots and or kick people from spec on map change or something,. not sure but noticed people even when the server wasn't full were sat in spec through multiple map changes

Piglet

« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2019, 21:57 »
Any idea what to add to the code to kick them? Is there an "about to change maps" event we can extend?

hagis

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2019, 22:08 »
there's a game / map start section,.. it does things like set up the team colours and stuff,.. umm might be in team base I think

don't know if kicking specs every map change is a good idea,. but not sure what other way there is to stop people holding slots all the time (or through multiple maps w/o joining even when there is space)

I guess another way would be timer running for each spec slot,. if they held it for more than 20 mins or something just kick,. ok some games are longer than 20 mins but they can always rejoin if they actually specing

Nardaq_NL

« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2019, 16:16 »
are you able to see in code if a player is watching a player or it's in free cam mode.
If yes, boot them when 3 min free cam mode.

or see clanmanager -> AFK-Detector

hagis

« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2019, 18:42 »
yeah - I don't know anything about that mutator but perhaps it might be useful?

ok,. perhaps it's just me that find it annoying,. u want to play a game,. server is full that's cool if ppl are playing but to it irks me that ppl hold spec slots just because and they aren't joining when  there is space which stops others joining to spec who do wish to play

Piglet

« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2019, 19:41 »
Just kick them with a message :)

I've been trying to extend Serverext slot manager as I've done in the past and I'm getting GPF's when compiling. No idea why

hagis

« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2019, 19:44 »
just to see I was in spec earlier and teamsay (spec) asking if people were there,. in the end I kicked 4 specs - only 1 rejoined after 10 mins or something

Piglet

« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2019, 12:00 »
The code current running on the server is a first cut of allowing players more than 100 adrenaline.

The code isn't complete, but needed some people playing it to be able to test it.

Functionality changes:

1. Configurable adrenaline reward for resurrection in Freon. Currently set to zero.

2. Configurable max adrenaline, currently set to 120.

3. White message and small 'unlock' click at 100 adrenaline and after every (configurable) 5 changes in adrenaline resulting in you having over 100. It's a non-intrusive nag to use adrenaline. It's probably too subtle.

Bugs known:

If you are frozen the HUD shows 100 adren max. I'll fix that when I get a moment.

Piglet

« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2019, 20:04 »
Bug fixed.

Tempted to use these as Adrenaline Nags (not really): https://www.soundboard.com/sb/DOIT

first reminder: YES U CAN
    then: JUST DO IT
    then: DO IT
    then: NO wut are u w8ting for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10DQeSk1LaY

Heh! Any sensible suggestions welcome.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 20:05 by Piglet »

kops

« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2019, 08:08 »
I'd have the 'adreniline full' message trigger at 100, then repeat every 2 mins or so until used, regardless of whether it's at 100 or 120.

Piglet

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2019, 00:11 »
OK - I have something better working now. I'll pop it on the server when I see it less busy.

Hopefully a little more obvious, but not too intrusive. Nag time is configurable...

hagis

« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2019, 16:45 »
I don't know if I've imagined it - but I think I noticed the adrenaline icon / pill top right flashing when adren was a 0 - I think it only flashed before when full (possibly!) :)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 23:16 by Piglet »

Piglet

« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2019, 20:36 »
I can't think of any reason for that. I've not changed the HUD code other than in how it computes the adrenaline number to show (CalculateEnergy()).

Then again....who has zero adren for long....? :P

Piglet

« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2019, 22:24 »
OK - I have something better working now. I'll pop it on the server when I see it less busy.

Hopefully a little more obvious, but not too intrusive. Nag time is configurable...

Seems to be working well. Not too intrusive...

Not intrusive enough for some players...

kops

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2019, 11:46 »
Pushing enemies in lava to try and kill them. It's getting out of hand on some maps with teams losing several rounds because a couple of eejits are unsuccessfully trying to rack up their ppr with extra kills rather than thawing.  It's like having enemy agents on your own team!

On a side note, self-thawing speed seems 1.5x faster?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 11:48 by kops »