Graveheart revised  (Read 8497 times)

Snipe34

Graveheart revised
« on: March 08, 2010, 15:15 »
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ntlwzazytym/KF-GraveHeart-R5.zip

Latest: general fixes, blockers added around glitching areas.  Moved outer blockers out even farther.  Opened 2nd tomb and added some trick doors, and doors by trader open to make a trick/trap area.  The tunnel to trader widened even more.   I'll take out the 'trick' doors if ppl think they suck.

Edit- latest changes V4, XD:  Probs with zombie tomb spawn and spawns on that side of the map - Idk why so I replaced the tomb zombiespawn.
On the other side of the map where I placed forced paths before, I noticed the mapper had placed 1 blocker not a zombiezone (only blocks players) so the forced paths I placed before were useless anyway.  I changed blocker to zombiezone.  Checked all zombiezones are not blockers.

Placed about 6 more zombie spawns all around the map.

Moved zombiezones back slightly, but that map always had thin air barriers anyway.  I think it would look better if zombies came from higher ground, so no need for thin air barriers, but I can only fix the map.  It's not my map to change.

Moved paths slightly from trader tomb entrance, so the doors don't open across the paths and confuse the zombies.
-------------------------------
Olde: Entry to tomb that leads to Trader made wider. I added a weld door to area near Trader.  Outside on the rock glitch there were blockers but in the wrong place.  I moved them over the rocks.  Stone pillars outside tomb to Trader, converted to static mesh, so tiny frame rate improvement.  Deleted 1 water static mesh, so tiny frame rate improvement there too.  A path from a zombie spawn fixed that wasn't linked.
Like KF-School, the problem with this map is its outrageous size.  It was over 60meg, and now it's 20 meg.  I made no changes to this map except compressing the textures and the compression method causes no reduction in texture quality whatsoever.
fyi, the person who made the map was on the old KF team and last I heard is associated with TWI
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 16:30 by Snipe34 »

[MiA]afx0r

• Full MemberĀ 
Re: Graveheart *revised
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 15:51 »
nice, i'll upload the map in filefront later

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 18:37 »
Maybe you could fix the exploitable positions too?
Cliff where zeds can't reach and also the tunnel to shop is too small at the stairs part.

thanks.

Snipe34

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 16:07 »
Maybe you could fix the exploitable positions too?
Cliff where zeds can't reach and also the tunnel to shop is too small at the stairs part.

thanks.

Well ok, but it will make it a very hard map.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
Re: Graveheart revised
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 18:29 »
Don't think so. Usually FPs have trouble to actually get in the tunnel.

Snipe34

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 22:16 »
Don't think so. Usually FPs have trouble to actually get in the tunnel.

I can fix that but do you really, really want me too? :)

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 18:25 »
Sure... altough you can make the tunnel a bit wider if you think it's too hard.

Snipe34

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 01:59 »
Sure... altough you can make the tunnel a bit wider if you think it's too hard.

Made the changes - I modified the first post of this forum.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 18:00 »
thx... put it on server maplist.

edit:

Played this map and found some bugs/problems:
In the spawn right of the main tunnel entrance monsters get stuck. Overall the spawning seemed to be much slower than usual (could be because of that 1 spawn area).

Another thing i noticed is that they also get stuck behind/next to open doors of the main tunnel. This could be probably fixed by making doors open inside.

Anyway, nice job. Quite a big difference in filesize ^^
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 01:35 by [MiA]Raj »

Snipe34

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 05:24 »
thx... put it on server maplist.

edit:

Played this map and found some bugs/problems:
In the spawn right of the main tunnel entrance monsters get stuck. Overall the spawning seemed to be much slower than usual (could be because of that 1 spawn area).

Another thing i noticed is that they also get stuck behind/next to open doors of the main tunnel. This could be probably fixed by making doors open inside.

Anyway, nice job. Quite a big difference in filesize ^^

Pleased you liked the filesize, yeah I was pleased :)  Myles (map maker) game me a hard time on old KF, and seems he knew nearly sweet FA about making maps.

I had tested the map in single player, but multi is the only way.  Strange that spawning should be slower because I fixed a broken path missed by the original map maker because he didn't path it properly, so now there are more zombie spawn areas, xd.  I'll place some more zombie spawns.

Yeah monsters got stuck before among the pillars (not doors), so after I converted them to SM I widened the pillars.  So not sure if I can fix that problem - maybe forced paths will fix it...

Snipe34

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 01:18 »
Fixed - see first post for version 4