Freon bugs and issues to look at....  (Read 40740 times)

holyspam

Re: Freon bugs and issues to look at....
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2019, 19:55 »
Not sure how lava thaw behavior is in code, but you could just add an internal counter for each lava thaw, give less hp for each consecutive thaw but reset on actual thaw.

It could also kill someone after 2 lava thaws
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 20:06 by holyspam »

hagis

« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2019, 20:31 »
Me too - but this gives time for the killed player to fall into lava and thaw.

I did try and write something to stop it - but it didn't work in testing so I removed it all. A change to understand whether the last push was the killing one or not would require careful coding. I don't currently have much time :(

not making work for you (I'd just limit the maps that have lava on them!) but the self freeze into lava is already done,.

instead of working out if the push killed can check instead who pushed for the thaw into lava,.  could basically check if enemy team does a lava thaw then deduct health from the player who did the push or something...

Piglet

« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2019, 21:28 »
Want to have a look at the code?

I'm not sure the last update around auto team balance on join  worked...

hagis

« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2020, 20:42 »
hey pigs,. you remember when people were joining in spec with and it was causing the balancer to be called,. I think that is happening now again,.

match was full slots and no one called teams but balancer got called and only thing I noticed was someone joined spec?

Piglet

« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2020, 21:52 »
Heh. Can you see why? I thought I fixed that

zeus

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2020, 19:18 »
LATEST PIGSPN
WHEN DEMOING I GET THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTION, DOES NOT HAPPEN INSTANTLY BUT ONLY AFTER A FEW MOMENTS OF DEMORECCING HAS BEEN DONE

General protection fault!

History: AActor::ProcessDemoRecFunction <- (Freon_Player/Function Engine.Controller.ClientSwitchToBestWeapon) <- AActor::ProcessRemoteFunction <- (Function Engine.Controller.ClientSwitchToBestWeapon) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (Freon_Player DM-PipeWorks][-Night.Freon_Player, Function Engine.Controller.ClientSwitchToBestWeapon) <- RemoteCall <- HandleStream <- UActorChannel::ReceivedBunch <- (Actor Freon_Player) <- UChannel::ReceivedSequencedBunch <- Direct <- UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch <- DispatchDataToChannel <- BunchData <- UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket <- UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket <- UTcpNetDriver::TickDispatch <- UpdatePreNet <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level DM-Pipeworks][-Night <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Piglet

« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2020, 09:54 »
Please can you try running the prime95 torture test on your machine? That looks like a hardware memory problem to me.