Freon bugs and issues to look at....  (Read 40664 times)

Piglet

Freon bugs and issues to look at....
« on: January 18, 2019, 11:05 »
1. Bots camp frozen enemies. They stand there until ordered away, see an enemy to attack, or die of camping.

2. You freeze in place, but what you see on your screen is that your view appears to slide sideways.

Any help in fixing these or other issues welcomed.

All the code is visible in the package.

Piglet

Re: Freon bugs and issues to look at....
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 21:37 »
Ok 1# fixed, tested, and on the server - it was a bug in Freon_Trigger.

#2 I think may be a replication issue. I have no idea where to start or how to replicate it. It happens very rarely

Piglet

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 12:05 »
Kops reported a problem with the balancer on the Freon server...if people leave and one team gets too few players the balancer moves players across to the smaller team...and they get a big points penalty

For Freon it's kindest to freeze them first with a shot to the head, and then to swap teams so they can be thawed.

The change I put in today is intended to prevent any loss of points when being chosen.

I might tweak it a bit more if needed.

kops

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 13:34 »
Great work, mate.

hagis

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 19:41 »
there's a bug that's been in quite a while and I tried to fix but unclear how it happens exactly... it looks like a timing issue somehow,..

right click on freon when you're frozen should return the view back to your frozen body,. but it often doesn't do that but instead goes into 3rd person view on the player you're spec-ing,. (the 3rd person view really should only happen on TAM)

Krellsan

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 06:27 »
oh, btw, about bugs. i don't know how to explain it, but i try. if you killed someone, and that person is frozen, you can push him under a bit closer to a ceiling or torch, or something, whatever.. then, jump on his head and constantly jump on it. if the ceiling is low enough, then the frozen character dies, apparently from pushing under the textures. i killed Magorit like that many times on constructor, by accident.

Piglet

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 08:18 »
Thanks. I'll have a look.  Is that just since being able to stand on frozen players, or before?

Krellsan

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 10:29 »
before, when staying on frozen head wasn't avaiable, but if you can stand on them now, then I think it will be easier to do such kill

Piglet

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 11:25 »
Hmmm... probably going to need to put some debug output in around the takedamage code and get you to do it and see what is causing that to happen.

It could be 'world damage' which results in death, or perhaps crush or something else

hagis

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 15:51 »
not a bug..,. noticed the thaw speed on serv seems v slow or slower than it was (seems too slow to me!) :)

Piglet

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 16:06 »
It should only be slow if they killed themselves... see the other thread of hints and tips

I'm thinking of adding some other indicator so that you can tell.

Normal thaw is set to 5.5 secs / number of thawers.  Self kill thaw is one third the speed currently
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 16:08 by Piglet »

hagis

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 17:49 »
ah didn't know that,.  people might kill themselves by accident and should kill themselves in overtime - either case not sure why slower thawing is a good thing ?

one thing (again not a bug) is on US freon servs HoC/SoL (not sure about eu/core) when ppl thaw they are given either a minimum health value or the health or the person(s) that thawed them or the average of their teams health if they self-thawed,. I think last I noticed on mia it puts their health back to the normal starting health?

Piglet

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 11:04 »
Killing yourself in overtime and getting thawed in (5.5/number of thawers) seconds seems to me to be an exploit just as much as freezing yourself into lava for full health.

I've increased the thaw speed on the server in that circumstance to 60%, but that may not be enough of an incentive to gain health by cuddling instead (going close to a higher health teammate)

On the thaw health, I have a vague recollection that this is caused by the talking icon mut....  I've not noticed the thaw health. Necro gives the resd player 100/100 as intended. I've upped the points for doing that

We could try taking that off the mut list and see what happens
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 11:06 by Piglet »

Piglet

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2019, 14:48 »
Ok so the testing confirmed that it Is this mutator that is somehow interacting in a rather wierd way resulting in the that health you see. It's not clear how or why that happens.

As you can see there are now voting options for having the mutator or not which will result in the two different thawing health outcomes

Piglet

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2019, 15:20 »
I've been thinking again about thawing rewards.

Currently, if you are thawing a player at the moment they thaw you get points, adrenaline, and ammo for the gun that you are holding.

You get those rewards regardless of your contribution
 If you arrived 1 millisecond before the thaw you get the same rewards as the player who was thawing the whole time.

Conversely, the player who helped the thawee from 0 to 99% and then is fragged or has to run away and isn't thawing right at the moment of thaw gets no reward.

I'm thinking of changing the logic to reward based on actual thaw work done.

I have the outlines of (optional) code in test at the moment.

Thoughts?