Miasma World Championship  (Read 15723 times)

Plakatowy

• Buritto
    • Biegan
Miasma World Championship
« on: September 04, 2019, 12:14 »
Hi,

As I wrote on Shoutbox, I came up with the idea of organizing the World Championships in VCTF/ONS/AS. What would it look like? As we know, each player in the game next to the nickname has their own country of origin, we could create national teams for example 7 players, as in football:

Plakatowy (PL), Cybershock (PL), Escobar (PL), Mleko (PL), Leukoplast (PL), Vladimir (PL), Olo (PL), vs ...

Or we would simply choose team captains, everyone chooses at their discretion who they want, although it would be difficult, everyone who plays longer knows who is a good player and who is a beginner.

If Piglet or anyone else in the administration had nothing against it, you could set up a separate server for x slots, 14 players would be in the game, the rest could watch the game on spectator. In order for the game to be leveled, you would have to choose a team captain who would choose the rest of your team. How to divide which team will fight with? As I said, we can organize it in the same way as football championships - division into groups A, B, C, D. Then we would organize a draw via the website. The whole process would take place through the forum, so that everyone could see who fights with whom. Of course, you could create a black list of players who spoil the gameplay in any way by trolling or using cheats - I will not write here who I mean, rather everyone who guesses the game longer :) .

What will be the prize? In addition to a nice color in the chat next to the nickname, you could organize a fundraiser - a ticket to participate in the game would cost for example $5, the team that wins divides the collected funds into team members equally, the only problem can be finding the right website. Assuming that 30 people sign up, we already have $150, there will be seven winners, so everyone would get around $20 as a prize. Of course, money would be managed by Piglet or someone from the administration.

Finally, I would like to mark, this is only my concept, I will be happy to know your opinion, what to change, what to improve, so that we can organize it. I invite you all to discussion.

PS: I’m waiting on the enemy roof with Raptor!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 12:44 by Plakatowy »

MaD-SkunK

• "Stop trying to hit me and hit me" Morpheus
Re: Miasma World Championship
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 15:35 »
sounds great but the  first problem is jetlag and the second is that it avery member of the team has to be available at the same time and every body has a life to manage (work, studies, etc)

MaD-SkunK

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 15:37 »
It could also be not-country-related teams. If we discuss about it I am sure we can create balanced teams

«cyber:Shøck»

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 16:06 »
I dont think money is a good option. Colored letters as a reward on chat sure.  Also ye it doesnt necessary need to be 1 country teams. They can be mixed.

hagis

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 17:14 »
I don't play any of VCTF/ONS/AS so my point isn't related specific to this idea,,. I do like team games and a championship idea is fun,. I think balanced teams (of course it's impossible to be precise on that) makes for more fun matches,. if one team has all great players you know the result before anyone fires a shot

NOPE

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 18:59 »
Only if cyber:shock is on my team!

Plakatowy

• Buritto
    • Biegan
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 19:12 »
MaD-SkunK - Right, I forgot to mention about the time zones - duels will be customized to the right time, we all don't wanna play in the middle of the night

«Cyber:Shøck» - What I mean here is communication - it would be much easier to play using something like TeamSpeak - in ONS it is necessary, isn't it?

NOPE - We all want our teams to be the best players, the problem is to balance the teams

sup

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 03:45 »
good idea
but it's impossible to separate teams by countries

Team Brazil: Sup (Br), Tupiniquim (Br) .....and?

I think it would be more interesting to make a list of all interested players
From this list, would be defined by vote the 4 best players (for example) and each one of them would pick 1 player from the list at a time
So we would have 4 balanced teams of different nationalities

Killer_XTREME!!!

• "Turn your wounds into wisdom"
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 10:15 »
Brazil will not qualify sup xd
And yeah its kinda impossible to create evenly balanced teams
Im IN  :) ;)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 10:21 by Killer_XTREME!!! »

MaD-SkunK

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 12:12 »
I'm in

{ghost}

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 16:04 »
I would be interested as well. Represent CANADA  8)

hagis

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 16:43 »
playing freon I'd be in :)

kops

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 17:14 »
Yeah I'm in for Freon or ONS.

tirofijo!!

• bash the fash
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 20:17 »
im in, but yes, time zones are a pain and to balance the teams, i suggest the admins make the teams according to expertise and lack of it, also maybe the price can be game awards, mmm like the chance to get a leviathan in any game for a month or many deemers, or maybe chance to get ur special skins on the server so everybody can see u play as cheburaska :D

kops

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 20:29 »
At a guess, the prizes will just be bragging rights or maybe a night with piglet and a case of cheap wine <3