Anti-camping logic information - feel free to suggest tweeks  (Read 32115 times)

Piglet

Logic in force on Torlan:

• Checks are made every 3 game seconds
  • You can't camp on upper tower portals in base. Lots of damage will be taken and you're pushed away if you survive it!

Logic in force on VCTF:

• Checks are made every 3 game seconds
  • All "n checks before" are per vehicle per vehicle spawned- regardless of where the check happened.
  • Own Bender in Own base: 3 checks before damage kicks in, then 160 damage per check
  • Own Tank in Own base: 3 checks before damage kicks in, then 180 damage per check
  • Own Bender in Other base, or stolen bender in your own base: 3 checks before damage kicks in, then 160/3 damage per check
  • Own Tank in Other base, or stolen tank in your own base: 3 checks before damage kicks in, then 180/3 damage per check
  • Flag Camping with Scorp or Manta in own base: 3 checks before damage kicks in, then 50 damage per check and a push off the flag
  • Inside Tower Portal blocking with scorp: pushed out and 50 damage
  • Inside 'deemer Portal blocking with scorp: pushed off and 50 damage
  • Outside 'deemer Portal blocking with manta: 2 checks before damage kicks in, then pushed off and 50 damage
  • Top tower portal camping with vehicle: pushed off the front and 50 damage
  • Raptor "out of bounds": 200 damage per check (this may need some work - please let me know if it needs some!)

Everything here configurable in great detail from area checked to amount of damage and how the push is done.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 17:57 by Piglet »

Caracal

• caracalRus
Re: Anti-camping logic information - feel free to suggest tweeks
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 17:27 »
Great work, Piglet!

Correction
• Own Tank in Other base, or stolen bender tank in your own base: 3 checks before damage kicks in, then 180/3 damage per check

Piglet

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 17:58 »
Aha yes, good spot thanks. Hopefully it's right in the code!

How does it feel when playing? Hopefully not at all intrusive - just keeping the game flowing

mleko

• lvl 26 potato master
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 19:08 »
You're a hero we need but don't deserve. Thank you.

Caracal

• caracalRus
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 13:09 »
Feels good!
But Pablo still trying to take tank inside  :))

Ballz.XXL

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 13:55 »
this is nice

tirofijo!!

• bash the fash
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 19:34 »
THANKS A LOT!!! is much greater now!! the players have to PLAY!! love u men!

Piano

• c'est faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'impor
    • pianoserenity
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 18:10 »
Raptor out of bounds is a good stuff and it will certainly discourage some players that have taken stolen raptors there. But it is to close to the land I think.. Proper raptor battles are now gone since very soon you fly out and it just drains energy and you're dead.
My suggestion is to push boundary out a little more... just when the shock rifle from land stops hiting raptor hiding out of bounds....
Also the no vehicle on top tower in CTF is although fair, tactically not good, since sometimes you could steal enemy raptor or manta and teach them a lesson. Stealing made for a honour and prize in playing and it felt good, at least for me.. and with raptor out of bounds thing solved... think there is no need for no ehicle on top rule...

Pjanno

Piglet

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 22:13 »
The distance was a little further before but people couldn't hit it with shock. What distance from the centre health pickup do you calculate it should be in unreal units?

Caracal

• caracalRus
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 12:40 »
I also like that raptor duels, but they are not good for the game. It's like the other game, and the real VCTF game is just left without raptors.
Let raptors fight flying around the field and attacking other targets by the way, more fun!

I agree with Pjanno about no raptor on top, it was a good tactic element.

Piglet

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 13:36 »
In the past I've seen raptors left there for a long time, in a position where they couldn't be hit by anyone in the base.

We could extend the time before the raptor is penalised for being there. At the moment it's fairly immediate.

Would that do it for you?

[MiA]Dave

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 13:41 »
A bit of a wait would be good. Give them time to jump on a taxi raptor when you have the flag. 5 seconds?

Piglet

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 17:00 »
The effective zone doesn't impact the raptor where flag carrier could board (i.e. all around the edge of the tower) - it just prevents the blocking of the portal and crushing of players going through it.

I don't think I've ever seen a flag carrier getting on to a raptor while it's on the portal.

[MiA]Dave

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 17:37 »
The effective zone doesn't impact the raptor where flag carrier could board (i.e. all around the edge of the tower) - it just prevents the blocking of the portal and crushing of players going through it.

I don't think I've ever seen a flag carrier getting on to a raptor while it's on the portal.

It's doable, usually shield jump needed. I'm not convinced it's not fine just the way it is. Hell, Pablo still hasn't figured out he can't base camp anymore. :)

Piano

• c'est faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'impor
    • pianoserenity
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2017, 18:56 »
LOL at poor Pablo. Waiting for raptor on top to bounce is good idea, 5secs is ok, more than enough cause otherwise enemy is already shooting at you with shockrifles if youre not prepared.