Anti-camping logic information - feel free to suggest tweeks  (Read 28686 times)

Piglet

Re: Anti-camping logic information - feel free to suggest tweeks
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 21:15 »
Delay on top portal now active

Caracal

• caracalRus
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 13:24 »
I don't think I've ever seen a flag carrier getting on to a raptor while it's on the portal.
O, man. I thought it is standard thing every good player does. I did that many times as a flagcarrier and as a raptor pilot. It takes some good teamwork, but it's cool.

Delay on top portal now active
Thank you!  ^-^
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 13:26 by Caracal »

Avi.BEST.noob

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2017, 10:11 »
Can we have a anti-camping thing for Torlan map , you know specially for the players who only hide and shoot at the NODES and stop them from getting made , maybe they get health reduction if they  stayed at the same spot for more than a few seconds or a minute or two , it would really be helpful , hopefully someone will agree with me

Piglet

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2017, 13:35 »
That is something I've thought about too.

You'd have to ensure that it wasn't someone in a turret...as it's hard to move very far in one of those.

I'll have a ponder

Caracal

• caracalRus
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 15:27 »
How do you think to do it? Step left, step right and all that anti-things will not work.
Just go and kill the camper/spankiller that bothers you. It's just a matter of team game, that smn should make cover.
About those lightning gun campers preventing node from being built - you can place a vehicle between camper and the node (raptor or jumping bender). If your team links the node, even 1 miss (vehicle hit) will be enough to make that camper fail.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 15:33 by Caracal »

Krellsan

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 15:36 »
it can be realized like on deathmatch servers - if you stay, u have drained health dot. And moving campers is easier to find and terminate. But. Turrets. Moving and flying and jumping turrets sound awesome. but i guess they didnt work like that.

[MiA]NiiGeL

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2017, 21:41 »
How do you think to do it? Step left, step right and all that anti-things will not work.
Just go and kill the camper/spankiller that bothers you. It's just a matter of team game, that smn should make cover.
About those lightning gun campers preventing node from being built - you can place a vehicle between camper and the node (raptor or jumping bender). If your team links the node, even 1 miss (vehicle hit) will be enough to make that camper fail.

i'll have to agree with Caracal Mr blacks is always my first priority if i play against him, i alreaddy know all his spots>.<
so just like Caracal said its a matter of team game just 1 player needs to take initiative for killing those turret campers. i do know its annoying as .... but it aint that hard.

Piglet

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 22:10 »
Step left, step right and all that anti-things will not work.

It all depends on the code you'd use. Some of the spots are quite specific, and as there's no reason to stand still on ONS...ever...it could be done.

In Freon you get hit with an increasing penalty every time you are spotted camping. Unfortunately part of that game type is standing by your teammates unfreezing them - and the logic hasn't been fixed on some servers and you get penalised for playing well!

(I haven't done any coding on this btw...and it's not on the list)

mleko

• lvl 26 potato master
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 22:31 »
I think I found a bug/glitch. Yesterday I've pushed enemy flag carrier out of map with shock combo, he fell down somewhere below their base and... he scored a point. I think it may be somehow related to that damage area around map (for raptors) and its equivalent near the flag.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 22:34 by mleko »

Piglet

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 23:30 »
Wierd. That's not something I've seen before. I've seen players pushed all the way back to their base - been pushed that way myself.

As I wrote the code I can be absolutely sure that the damage areas cannot possibly be related to that issue with the flag/points in any way. They only have an effect on vehicles (and anyone who happens to be in them).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 23:32 by Piglet »

Dr Bazillus

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2017, 07:46 »
Ive seen something like that before, too. Two times in one match I pushed the flag carriers into the first hole, in front of our base. There was no raptor waiting, no alien jump. He/She just felt down the map, then he/she scored.

MaD-SkunK

• "Stop trying to hit me and hit me" Morpheus
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 12:20 »
"I think I found a bug/glitch. Yesterday I've pushed enemy flag carrier out of map with shock combo, he fell down somewhere below their base and... he scored a point. I think it may be somehow related to that damage area around map (for raptors) and its equivalent near the flag. " said Mleko

Some days ago, as I was shot while I was carrying the flag and ballz was carrying me on his raptor
As I was crouching, I just stood in the middle of nowhere and didn't fall
I waited like 2 min (and god knows that  it's a long period in the game) and big ballz came with a new raptor, picked me up and made me score
So u can be shot and score though

Piglet

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 20:14 »
I've seen that too in the past on standard servers. No idea what causes it.

Ballz.XXL

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 20:52 »
"I think I found a bug/glitch. Yesterday I've pushed enemy flag carrier out of map with shock combo, he fell down somewhere below their base and... he scored a point. I think it may be somehow related to that damage area around map (for raptors) and its equivalent near the flag. " said Mleko

Some days ago, as I was shot while I was carrying the flag and ballz was carrying me on his raptor
I waited like 2 min (and god knows that  it's a long period in the game) and big ballz came with a new raptor, picked me up and made me score

i can confirm this, but i've seen it before, i was in that situation too. If you move you will fall eventually, but not if you stay in crouch

Ballz.XXL

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 13:13 »

i can confirm this, but i've seen it before, i was in that situation too. If you move you will fall eventually, but not if you stay in crouch

the same effect can happen on other vehicles, if you crouch on manta, and you get shot, you levitate in the air. looks very funny