Anti-camping logic information - feel free to suggest tweeks  (Read 31895 times)

Caracal

• caracalRus
Re: Anti-camping logic information - feel free to suggest tweeks
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2018, 16:41 »
If you cant withstand spawnkillers doesn't mean it ruins games.
Funny is to see someone crying about those who play by the rules and have more skills.

All that difficult things like spawnkilling and snipering node from being constructed - are challenging and therefore interesting. You have to manage that and do smth smarter than just run&gun.

Dr Bazillus

« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2018, 17:10 »
Yeah im totally your oppinion. For a while, or without vehicle to get away - okay. But not the whole time! Some players doin´ nothin other. And try to get away when you cant even move without dyin....

Caracal

• caracalRus
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2018, 17:18 »
I agree that doing spawnkilling all game long is not good.
Sometimes I have to take Avrill and stay around the node that is under spawnkill attack for a while (or in turret). After you kill spawnkilling manta before it even get close 3 times in a row, that player usually change his tactic.
Some advices.
1) Don't fire before you get weapons - you have some protection time after spawn.
2) Just change node where you spawn with right mouse click on the map in menu.
3) Use shield gun. It can kill manta that is trying to overrun you.

Dr Bazillus

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2018, 17:19 »
Thx Caracal! I know these kind of strategy but sometimes, or better said some players are just so annoyingly spawnkilling that all you have to do, in match, is to stop them... So there´s not much time left to defend or get their flag/build up nodes....
Maybe there should be a limit for spawnkillers and after it they loose health for every spawnkilled person:D:D Just a joke.
We have to play the game like it is... Like in real life: Do the best outta the things/the situations you have!:);)

Piglet

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2018, 23:18 »
A very minor change to ONS code is now on the server.  Can anyone who I've not told spot the difference?

Dr Bazillus

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2018, 04:41 »
Uhh? didnt played since 2 days i think....

Piglet

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2018, 13:31 »
Interesting that nobody's spotted it (or complained). That means it's probably working perfectly.

Have you seen fewer stale-mated nodes that nobody can build?

Even though it's working, I want changes to have as little impact on performance as possible. There's (from now) a more efficient but possibly less effective version of the code on the server. If nodes appear to reach stalemate regularly, please let me know.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 13:33 by Piglet »

Piano

• c'est faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'impor
    • pianoserenity
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2018, 11:25 »
Exactly, I don't mind if someone spawnkills for a while, hell I do it to from tower in CTF but I soon get bored and join the game downstairs or try to take the flag...
But I'm with House on this...and god knows I've written about dcnr more than once and his continuall dishonor if I may call it that

Nardaq_NL

« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2018, 15:51 »
I don't think that I'm convinced that there's any need for a change. I can't see any legitimate reason for being there.
Can this get a tweak?
At the moment when you get shot to far back in face with shock/twin from the opponent player, you better of suicide rather recover back to tower because you wont able to get back in time due to the raptor will receive to much damage for you to get back.

This is a thing needs to be fixed somehow. because 250dmg/pop ( if i recall) is a bit overkill. Specially if you are badly damaged already.

Piglet

« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2018, 16:15 »
Well, the bender twin beam is meant to be high damage. They get one shot from a stationary target. You're mobile and able to disrupt the bender aim by shooting it.

Just do as much damage as you can to the bender/enemy or distract enemy players from other  attackers before you die

Nardaq_NL

« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2018, 17:06 »
This apply 99% for the shock imho. twin can do this to.

Yes, you shoot and dodge/hide away, until you are to far back on your own side again. Good luck getting back on time.

So there you are, out of range,  badly damaged and knocked back to far off, able to hide and/or no enemy can shoot you.
Trying to get back to be fixed up and 3 sec later your raptor is saying *poef* nice.......