[Status Report] SmartCTF for UT2k4 (80%)  (Read 11613 times)

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
[Status Report] SmartCTF for UT2k4 (80%)
« on: April 08, 2019, 02:15 »
Howdy! I am an old time player, first time poster here  8). CTF-Face has a generation of players with unforgettable memories and playing VCTF-FaceClassic map generates nothing less than the ecstatic euphoria from that time. During those days, admins used to load the ServerActor called SmartCTF for registering and displaying statistics like Covers, Seals, Frags and much more (old wiki http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/SmartCTF) along with Date/Time and CountryFlags. In other words, everything and anything to "enhance and encourage the teamplay" of "international playerbase".

In order to generate the same magnitude of fun, I started writing new incarnation of SmartCTF for UT2k4. Right now it recognizes all such events and I am working on "showing the stats" part. A sneek-peek into this project:

I am open for suggestions/features requests. I personally think animated textures like "burning partitions" would be dope, but my artistic skills are severely limited. Right now, I have this garbage texture for Flag display. An animated Flag would be cool!
Let me know if you are interested in beta testing and all.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:43 by The_Cowboy »
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

GPREZQ

Re: [Status Report] SmartCTF for UT2k4 (80%)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 16:55 »
Hi Cowboy welcome to our little family   :)

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 20:55 »
Thanks!!! My pleasure  ^-^

An update:

Now the contryflag of your Nation will be shown!

Another update: Now it registers the First Bloood.

Again, I apologize for the Garbage texture!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 07:06 by The_Cowboy »
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 06:04 »
Ok, it is almost complete now!

https://imgur.com/BnBo7gk

I mean these are bots, so their netspeeds and pings are naturally zero.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 13:34 by The_Cowboy »

kops

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 12:41 »
Try uploading to imgur.com instead. We can't see the hotlinked dropbox preview images as we're not logged into your dropbox acc.

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 13:35 »
Oops, my bad. Rectified link is there now. Hopefully it works.

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 06:32 »
Ok, here comes my first UT2004 project. The SmartCTF's new incarnation!
https://github.com/ravimohan1991/SmartCTF/blob/master/Release/SmartCTF1A.zip (just click Download)

The project is open source and uploaded on GitHub (as all of my projects!)
https://github.com/ravimohan1991/SmartCTF

ReadMe for quick introduction
https://github.com/ravimohan1991/SmartCTF/blob/master/Release/SmartCTF1A/ReadMe.pdf
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 21:56 by The_Cowboy »

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 12:42 »
Apparently there is a cool UT99 mod by the name CTF/e http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=148 with new Flag Rules

• Flag Duels - when 2 players have the flag, they can both agree to duel it out where only they can hurt each other. The winner get's the cap, the lose goes home
  • Weighted Flags - Pickup a flag, and your movement speed/agility is reduced. This really forces team-play
  • Play it where it lies - when you kill the enemy FC and they drop the flag, only your FC can pick it up and return it. Otherwise your team must defend it where it lies for a minute or so when it then returns to the base

How about implementing those ancient rules in modern era?

miley.cyrus

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 16:32 »
Have you tried the FakeFlagCombo addon?
When you get 100% adrenaline you can use a keycombo to get a "fake flag" to create at diversion for you team to get the and carry real flag. When the adrenline runs out or you enter a vehicle the fake flag is gone. A super team could  make this really fun and make the enemy team all confused looking for the flag.

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 21:11 »
How does the messaging system deal with that? I mean does it broadcast the "the enemy has you flag" message even for the fake flag?

miley.cyrus

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 22:29 »
How does the messaging system deal with that? I mean does it broadcast the "the enemy has you flag" message even for the fake flag?
No, dont think so, its a visual fake flag.

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 23:16 »
Well in that case, this feature can be added. After all "appearance can be deceptive"!

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 23:33 »
On another thought, I was considering "some" adrenaline combo that allows one to board the "flying" vehicles with the real ( :) ) flag. Logistically speaking adrenaline enables you to do unimaginable stuff!

And rewarding the popular "taxi services" prevalent on the server. But I need the algorithm for detecting a successful taxi drive.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 23:39 by The_Cowboy »

Annihilator

• Kus on su raamat?
    • annihilatorsc
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2020, 12:49 »
Grate job, thanks!

Feature request: overtime control (eg. allow for ties instead of going into overtime) - similar to the original.

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2020, 19:44 »
Thanks for the feedback! I am thinking of continuing the development of this mutator (scoreboard code revision as such). Overtime control should be straightforward to  add. Let me know if  there are any more feature suggestions or bug reports.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 19:54 by The_Cowboy »