untouched unreal 2004 ISO + packs  (Read 5336 times)

Gil-galad

• Hail the Holy Flying Spaguetti Monster!
untouched unreal 2004 ISO + packs
« on: February 13, 2020, 18:22 »
Hello there!

I'm considering doing a fresh install of unreal tournament 2004 on a dedicated win 7 OS. I'd much prefer not to install through Steam, because of their side program that HAS to launch itself  and the mandatory login. I have a valid cd key, ofc.

I doubt the versions I found on my torrent tracker, as one seems to have a trojan in it. I don't want any precraked shit, for that very reason. Just a legit ISO + packs/updates.

If you have something to recommend, you're most welcome to do so.

Yours in (smart) fragging,

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 18:24 by Gil-galad[The REAL one] »
His sword was long, his lance was keen.
His shining helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

The Fall of Gil-galad - J. R. R. Tolkien

Piglet

Re: untouched unreal 2004 ISO + packs
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 19:28 »
You can just copy your existing install directory and registry entry...I did this myself yesterday as I built my new pc.

The benefit of this is that you keep any settings and downloaded maps

Gil-galad

• Hail the Holy Flying Spaguetti Monster!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 20:14 »
thank you for the suggestion.

Appart from the fact don't know how to copy the registry entry, I also want to try the Holyspam tweaks, I have to do a fresh install.... don't I?

If someone has the files, and care to make a torrent to share here for me...? or in anyway that would achieve the same result.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 20:53 by Gil-galad[The REAL one] »
His sword was long, his lance was keen.
His shining helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

The Fall of Gil-galad - J. R. R. Tolkien

Piglet

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 20:36 »
Nah you don't need to reinstall. Just back up the things you change before saving the tweaks

For registry entries, an alternative which works well is to use the ut2004 registry fixer. I'll find you a link or upload it for you

Nardaq_NL

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 20:44 »
I made a small howto back in the days UT2004 was for sale for €1,5
[...]
idem ditto. $1.5 is pi nuts.

It's still possible to install UT2004 trough steam, get key from registry and toss out steam again. Might be handy to add this for those who don't want to use steam.

/edit Yes  ;D

* Install UT2004 trough steam and run it.
* Alt-tab to windows and run regedit and go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Unreal Technology" or search for "CDKey"
* Right click on "Unreal Technology" name and select Export, give it a name and location and click save. (this file contains your UT2004 CDKEY, view/modify the file to check it contains the CDKey)
* Go back to UT2004 and quit it
* Go to your steam install folder  -> steamapps -> common and find "Unreal Tournament 2004"
* Copy the whole map to a new folder outside Steam (preferably not inside "program files"due to Right issues)
* Remove UT2004 from steam client
* Go to where you Exported the register file, and run it (This will restore the CDKey into the register what was removed by the Steam client.)
* Download UT2k4RegFix-1.1, run as administrator and insert new UT2004 install directory and give it 3369
* Download UT2004 MegaPack + Windows Patch 3369 (200MB)  and run it. Apply to the new UT2004 folder
* Make a shortcut of <new UT2004 install>\systems\UT2004.EXE and have fun

If your looking for the ISO anyway, look for "UNREAL.TOURNAMENT.2004.DVD-DEViANCE"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 20:49 by Nardaq_NL »

Piglet

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 20:56 »
UT2004 Registry Fixer: UT2004RegFix-1.3

WIndows will ask to install .net framework if you don't have it

Run it as administrator on old machine to find your CD key if you don't have a record of it

Run it as administrator on new machine to input your CD key you noted from the old machine