Recompiling *.uc files...  (Read 8127 times)

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
Recompiling *.uc files...
« on: March 10, 2011, 17:29 »
 :( To Whomever,

I got to unzip the *.u file (kchar.u) and have them in separate folders (u file)\classes\*.uc and can edit them with notepad. How can I recompile them back to *.u file? I tried using UCC make but it gives me and error!

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
Re: Recompiling *.uc files...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 17:36 »
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Compiling_With_UCC

You could also mention what error you got.

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 00:40 »
 :-[ To MiA Raj,

This is the plan. I want to compile the kfchar folder with the classes subfolder back to kfchar.u file! I just want to change a few things with the kfsiren.uc in it. Then I want to "compile" kfchar folder to kfchar.u and paste it back to KFMod20\System folder!

Snipe34

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 02:15 »
If you wanna get complicated, use Wotgreal viewer script extractor.  Then rebuild from there.

But simply, if you're customizing a KF version use the KF editor:

Open the ActorClasses siren, right click defaultProperties.  Siren info is all there, change what you want.
Next click 'view' (top of the ActorClasses) 'showPackages.'  A second window appears at the bottom showing all packages used.  Scroll down to KFChar, tick box.  Next (again from top of ActorClasses browers open 'File' > 'SaveSelectedPackages.'

Important: ~QUIT the Editor~

Finally - using Explorer or whatever directory viewer - ppen your UT \system folder, (not KF \system) and you'll find a new siren.u.  Copy that to your KF \system.

Next time you load KF, siren will be changed.  Lot simpler than fycking about with rebuilds  :)

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 02:58 »
 :-[ To Snipe34,

Guess what!?! I have WOT greal. But I don't know how to compile a decompiled kfchar.u file. As I said earlier, I was able to unzip the file and have the package in separate folders. I want to make minor changes to the zombies and zip them up again and place them in the System folder!

As the picture below shows, when I open the kfchar.u file, I get an encrypted jumble of kfchar file!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:08 by poompoom500 »

Snipe34

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 03:01 »

Guess what!?! I have WOT greal. But I don't know how to compile a decompiled kfchar.u file. As I said earlier, I was able to unzip the file and have the package in separate folders. I want to make minor changes to the zombies and zip them up again and place them in the System folder!

Yep.  So re-read my instructions.  Sorry not siren.u = new KFChar.u will be created.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:05 by Snipe34 »

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 03:48 »

I can't find the ActorClasses Siren!

Snipe34

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 04:51 »
pawn > monster > Skaarj > KFMonster > Siren etc etc.

Pawns include players/monsters/vehicles like a chessboard pawns are the participating players.

Have fun!

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 13:01 »

pawn > monster > Skaarj > KFMonster > Siren etc etc.
Got it! Thank you.

P.S.
I have one more question. I have to go back to the recompile problem. I manage to unzip (decompile) the kfchar.u file into a kfchar folder with classes subfolder where I can access and change zombie settings. Any way for me to recompile and compress the kfchar\classes folder so I can copy/paste it to the System directory!?!?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 16:54 by poompoom500 »

Snipe34

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 01:30 »

P.S.
I have one more question. I have to go back to the recompile problem. I manage to unzip (decompile) the kfchar.u file into a kfchar folder with classes subfolder where I can access and change zombie settings. Any way for me to recompile and compress the kfchar\classes folder so I can copy/paste it to the System directory!?!?

My recompile knowledge is limited to 1 .uc compile at a time.

But you don't need to recompile if you're only making minor changes zombies options.  I mean, you're not changing any code.  All you're doing is changing monster parameters.  EG you're changing siren scream: 800 to some other number.

Changing / rewriting code is entirely different.  Recompile is only necessary if you rewrite code.

So, to change monster parameters:

Open the ActorClasses siren, right click defaultProperties.  Siren info is all there, change what you want.
[DO NOT double click and open the code which has the blue screen backing - because you are not changing the code - you are only changing monster parameters]

Next click 'view' (top of the ActorClasses) 'showPackages.'  A second window appears at the bottom showing all packages used.  Scroll down to KFChar, tick the box.  Next (again from top of ActorClasses browers open 'File' > 'SaveSelectedPackages.'

Important: ~QUIT the Editor~

Finally - using Explorer or whatever directory viewer - ppen your UT \system folder, (not KF \system) and you'll find a new KFChar.u.  Copy that to your KF \system.

Give it another try :)