View shaker for circular rotation...  (Read 4218 times)

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
View shaker for circular rotation...
« on: August 30, 2011, 20:55 »
 >:( Mappers/Coders,

Can someone help me with a view shaker actor? I want to know if there is a way to make it TURN the map around real slow. To give the gravity zero effect on a rotating spacecraft!

Snipe34

Re: View shaker for circular rotation...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 21:02 »
You need a physics volume surrounding the area of zeroG.

Double click the volume and open: > Physicsvolume > open: > Gravity (default is Z-950) - raise that to about -300 and test the map, see how it goes.  You can also lower GroundFriction, probably to 3. or something like that.

ViewShaker is slightly more complex and would probably do exactly what you want.  Testing view shakers I had my character sliding across the map, but straight thru everything...  Maybe someone else has more details on view shakers.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 21:06 by Snipe34 »

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 23:21 »
 :-\ To Snipe34,

Double click the volume and open: > Physicsvolume > open: > Gravity (default is Z-950) - raise that to about -300 and test the map, see how it goes.  You can also lower GroundFriction, probably to 3. or something like that.
I tried using the volume but with water volume. Now I am going to try what you suggested. Thanks.

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 12:17 »
 >:( To Snipe34,

Guess what? It is interfering with another volume that I placed in the map, the ladder volume! It wouldn't work with the ladder volume. I had the physics volume envelope the whole map. Now, I had to move it outside the map.

Snipe34

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 05:58 »
You'll have to make sure the two volumes don't touch each other.  But ladders are a big problem because zombies can't seem to attack the player... except sirens.

Take a look in Hick's ship map, see what he did with the view shaker.  Works great on the ship.  Maybe you can play around and make it rotate.