Piglet, check server, this lagfest is a joke :( move to 16 pplayers max  (Read 9966 times)

Piglet

Yeah. Not sure how to get hold of something like that in a datacentre with unlimited bandwidth at a nice low cost!

THOR`

• anxious_f0x
Indeed, that’s always the hard part :D

Nardaq_NL

The_Coolest

Have you considered building something yourself and hosting it in a datacenter?
That should also be an option, and will probably be way better than any dual-core VPS you can get.
It will also allow you to tailor the hardware for the task at hand.

Piglet

Yes. That is something that we are slowly working through.

We have donated money in the hosting account that can only be used for the current server, so I'm not rushing anything.

One of the players has offered to buy a physical machine to use.  This is an extremely generous offer which I'm taking seriously. 

The person who set up this community isn't around any more. Before he left he passed everything over to me, and I'm trying not to rush into any major changes.  I see moving to a box owned by another player (however much trusted) as an opportunity, but also a risk.

Putting aside the capital and time costs of setting up new hardware and porting everything to a new box, the co-lo costs would be higher than the current VPS, and we'd need to do our own repairs and backup as required.

So, still working this through.

The_Coolest

Yeah I get it how problematic something like this can be.
At CoreELEC we're considering setting up our own server as well, but VPS works OK for us right now.
I always wondered, how much bandwidth does the server need when both servers are full?

Piglet

2.52 Mbps is the 95th percentile usage this month.

380 to 490 GB bandwidth per month is being used.