Singleplayer..? - I'm back?? 8O - Convert Maps? - 3.0?  (Read 6007 times)

DestinyFennec

• destinyfennec
Singleplayer..? - I'm back?? 8O - Convert Maps? - 3.0?
« on: November 02, 2013, 08:34 »
WELL ALLO THAR 8D

Long time no see everyone =] it's been a long long long long time o-o I've been busy and such and didn't have time to play KF for a while, until the external hard drive with all the files broke then I gained the time to play it .-.

BUT thing is I have a question, I was looking up KF for shits and giggles and I came across gameplay videos of the KF Mod in a Single Player Story. For the years of playing KF, funnily enough, I never knew there was a a story xD so... is there a possible way to play the story still?

Also, since I've been unable to play the KFMod, I have purchased Killing Floor for Steam and have wondered, have the KF Maps for the mod been converted or are able to be converted to Killing Floor Steam? I know KFSteam still runs on the UT2004 engine, and I think all that would have to be converted are the player spawn points, weapons and their spawns, spawns of zeds, and the interactions with the newer zed and player models. I know that Arcade Gas Station is on KFSteam, so that gives me a hint that it's possible.

And last but not least, is Sniper's KF 3.0 still in development?

EDIT: Found the assets on one of my laptops OMFG!!!! Expect me to be back on the server 8D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:31 by bigbigbuddy »

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
Re: Singleplayer..? - I'm back?? 8O - Convert Maps? - 3.0?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 13:18 »
I think only v1.0 had singleplayer, 2.5 has some kind of basic story map or maps you can play alone, but they're more like a demo for mappers.
You can get v1.0 here: http://www.moddb.com/downloads/killing-floor-10-full-release

It's very buggy and low quality though, I recommend giving Out of Hell a try if you haven't, it's a great survival horror mod.

Maps can be ported from mod to Steam version and vice versa, but it's not a simple point 'n click operation as the games don't share any assets (textures, meshes etc).

And last but not least, is Sniper's KF 3.0 still in development?

No. He decided to make a whole new game with similar theme, not sure about the progress...

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
Re: Singleplayer..? - I'm back?? 8O - Convert Maps? - 3.0?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 01:27 »
It's been a long time since I've heard from Snipe, and it's also been a long time since I've played KF. I guess it doesn't help that I'm preoccupied with other things during the time you guys usually played at, as well as the fact that I hate playing alone.
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.