ONS & VCTF suggestions.  (Read 28447 times)

Halsey

ONS & VCTF suggestions.
« on: November 10, 2016, 16:16 »
Hey all. I made this thread to suggest some ideas or features that would be fun for all in ONS and (maybe) VCTF. They're basically mutators and one level modification that can be made (with another mutator). Here we go.

1. Enable adrenaline mutator: This mutator activates adrenaline in other gametypes that don't allow its use, I've been using it and I think this add-on makes ONS pretty much enjoyable, it would be a good complement to learn tricks and do more stuff. It'as accurate, the amount of pills you get taking down a node alone by yourself are five. It was created by Wormbo and you can download it here:
http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/download/UT2004/EnableAdrenaline.zip

2. Bonus combos: Ok, this could be easily added but in this case not because it's a demo server. I'm not sure about this one because this mutator is bundled with UT2004. It adds the Pint Sized  and Camouflaged adrenaline combos. It's fun and you can enable it perfectly in the game but I was wondering how to extract them (maybe compile classes and make two separated mutators) to use them in the demo version of the server. It's sad because they would be really fun to use in VCTF or maybe ONS but I don't have the experience compiling or making mutators, I've been learning about and trying to create a MiniMe (pint sized) mutator but probably I'll get some errors. After all, It'd be a nice feature if this can be added.
Here's more information:
https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Adding_An_Adrenaline_Combo_With_A_Mutator

3.  Colored Death Messages: This mutator displays team-colored player names in death messages. Just a detail. Also created by Wormbo.
http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/download/UT2004/ColoredDeathMessages.zip

4. Christmas Decoration: This would be nice to use in Christmas, I can't remember but I think I saw this on the server last year, anyway, I post some pics (it works for Torlan and Primeval).
http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/download/UT2004/old/ChristmasDecoration.zip

5. Double damage pickup: A level modification for FaceClassic. In VCTF we practically don't use the double damage because we can't take the item (except when some admin enables the low grav), so I'd like to know if it's possible to have a double damage pickup somewhere in the map. I made this with the Content Mania mutator for example:

Other suggestions (maybe impossible ones) would be a redeemer for Primeval, it would be useful for the losing team (on the top of some tree for example) or the use of the Ion Painter. A solution against spawnkillers would be floor sentinels to defend nodes or cores in ONS (the ones that appear in Convoy). I know that they're designed to work in Assault but I've been trying to use them correctly in ONS for both teams (second round paradox). 
I know maybe I'm requesting too much but they're pretty easy to add and I'm open to help with the difficult ones because I also want to learn more about the UCC. I'd like to know what do you all think about them.

Finally a video to show all this content, it's an old game but still rocks.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:41 by Halsey »

france 1998

• Un bel avion est un avion qui vole bien.
    • TheNoobPilote
Re: ONS & VCTF suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 21:08 »
Hi Halsey
 I find your idea great especially the idea of chritmes
Must see with Mia Raj if he agrees  :-\
by France the best

Halsey

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 12:51 »
I hope so, thank you for your opinion France!

Caracal

• caracalRus
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 16:34 »
Once I had little raptor on VCTF, that was very cool.

[MiA]Majin

• MisterBuu
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 17:47 »
I don't think so many mutators can work on a demo server

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 14:47 »
EnableAdrenaline

AFAIK, this is the only mutator that would work, since others would require downloads.
Adrenaline doesn't seem very useful in ONS...

Turrents in bases
I think players should defend their core.

Double damage in VCTF

I think there's enough damage done thanks to berserk and the map being so small.

redeemer for Primeval

uhm... maybe :)

the use of the Ion Painter

no such weapon in demo version.

[MiA]Majin

• MisterBuu
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 14:56 »
the use of the Ion Painter

no such weapon in demo version.

Well there is :)

Halsey

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 23:00 »
Thank you for your answer Raj. Well, after all that's said I think that adrenaline can be kinda useful in ONS, the speed combo would help to attack a node, on the contrary situation the booster would help us to defend a critical node. Invisible would work to attack a node that is recently being builded with the assault rifle, the only one that would not affect the game is the berserk combo as the game is already berserk, but that's all. As [MiA] Majin said, the Ion Painter is there, I've seen some players using it sometimes (when a admin is online), the pickup command is 'summon xweapons.painterpickup'. 

MaD-SkunK

• "Stop trying to hit me and hit me" Morpheus
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 23:12 »
christmas decorations are awesome
adren in ons maybe intresting only for speed i think
double damage can not be as easy to pick up i think
i think there can't be bot turrets to defend the core
CU on mia

mleko

• lvl 26 potato master
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 21:20 »
AFAIK, this is the only mutator that would work, since others would require downloads.
What's wrong with that?
I'm down for these bonus combos - especially "camouflage" one would be a hell in ONS :D
I agree that this Double Damage is accessible too easily, but how about putting it here?

If I can I'd ask for two things:
1. More ctf maps (or at least increasing the limit of matches) - I've noticed lately that most of players temporarily quit the server so better players can quickly win ONS map and then these "quitters" come back for CTF.
2. Please, do soething about spider-mines. I understand that this isn't a very popular postulate here, but that weapon is ruining the dynamics of the game. Okay, I get it - some weaker players may use it to have at least a tiny chance against more experienced players, etc. But in overall it ends with A**choles abusing that weapon to the limits.
Maybe it's just me, but I find using that weapon as a sign of disrespect - It looks a bit like "I'll drop few spiders to get rid of that guy...".
I'll be fine if you won't do anything about it, but IMHO its just not fair.

Sincerely, Mleko.

Caracal

• caracalRus
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 05:05 »
You want to make attack and capture alone but with spiders it's difficult. You have to use teamwork, that is a point.
But I support if spiders were off sometimes.

1. Is it possible to include Convoy in voting?

france 1998

• Un bel avion est un avion qui vole bien.
    • TheNoobPilote
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 09:07 »
I agree with Caracal can we have the vote of assault convoy  :)) :)) :))
by France the best

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 09:41 »
I don't know about Convoy voting but to another point mleko made, unfortunately since it's a demo server we can't add any more maps other than modifications of the ones already included AFAIK.

Spidermines aren't terribly difficult to deal with unless someone's camping with them or you're ill-equipped, in either case it's probably not the best idea to go after the players/objectives in the first place. Arguments can be made both ways about taking them out because they're abused, or leaving them in and letting the players find their own way around them. Same with the raptors, redeemers, tanks in bases, they're all viable strategies and are easily counterable with practice.
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

mleko

• lvl 26 potato master
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 15:41 »
I don't know about Convoy voting but to another point mleko made, unfortunately since it's a demo server we can't add any more maps other than modifications of the ones already included AFAIK.

Demo version of UT includes maps such as AS-Convoy, BR-Colossus, CTF-BridgeOfFate, DM-Rankin, ONS-Torlan, CTF-FaceClassic, ONS-Primeval. All of the are awesome in their own way. If "low gravity" counts as a modification then what about adding maps with it?

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 15:47 »
The server is about vehicle gametypes. Making a version of BridgeOfFate with vehicles has been on my mind, but we already play ONS so little that it's probably not a good idea.

I like AS/Convoy, but it's laggy af with many players.

I'm down for these bonus combos - especially "camouflage" one would be a hell in ONS :D

Camouflage is not available in demo.

I agree that this Double Damage is accessible too easily, but how about putting it here?

I think there's enough damage/chaos thanks berserk and deemer, also DD would make it harder to reclaim your base from potential campers.