Seems server is down right now..

Arbok

Re: Server Down
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 11:01 »
"seems"

Piglet

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 12:12 »
Argh! I never got round to setting up an account with the provider for Raj to link me - and I need that to talk with the host/do a reboot. The box appears to be completely down. I've set up a new account with the host and left them a support message. Will try and reach out to Raj

If the box was up at all I could restart it or any process on it...but it's not responding at all to any connection attempt or ping.

Piglet

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 16:43 »
Here's the position:

Raj owns the game server and this forum server with different hosts, and I've been running it for him and keeping the coding tweaks to the game going since 2017.

My name is on the account for the forum, but not on the account for the game box. The game box host support person is being helpful to the extent they can be. (Thank you!)

Here's where we are:

I've not heard from Raj by email since April 2018, and he's not logged into the forum since then either. I've sent him an email but haven't heard from him.

The hosts (quite rightly) can't help us at all about the reason the server is not up, as they can only discuss with Raj.

It may be that a bill has been missed and nobody's been donating using the donate to top up the account. The hosting team cannot say whether this is the case - nor can they tell us whether making donations now would fix the issue.

I never considered that the game machine might suddenly disappear, so I don't have an entirely up to date copy of the game configuration. I only needed a test copy with enough detail to test things before putting them live. The changes I've made I've tested individually and then integrated into the server's configuration. I've not kept a copy of that full configuration locally here - and some things I have running here on the test box never got made live on the server.

It should be possible to take what I have and rent and configure a new server - but I wouldn't want to do this unless Raj no longer wants to run these servers himself.

Hmmm.....not sure what to do now.

Ekskoning

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 16:57 »
Such a disaster...

Flenser

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 17:12 »
I'll certainly kick in some more money, but don't want to do that now if it's going to go into a dead account.

Piglet, DM me if there's anything I can do to help.

FugasBoss

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 17:26 »
https://www.fakaheda.eu/herni-servery/unreal-tournament-2004 
for 128,64 € here you have the server on a year for 20 people or 32 people for 206,88 € per year. The game server ControlPanel FTP to server folder VIP SMS Backup 1x a day(held 10 days) 5-slot Voice server Web hosting Control Panel Live console Reinstallation of the server Start / Stop / Restart Add/remove access to the CP Ticket system Overview of all SMS payments File manager(loading/editing/deleting) Server statistics Change passwords Manage FTP accounts MySQL database Editing the startup parameters Statistics.Additional services included in the price of the server: MySQL 5.5 Web hosting TeamSpeak 3 Licensed Mumble Unreal Tournament 2004 server prices Prices for clan and public servers are single Locations available for Unreal Tournament 2004 servers Czech republic,Germany,Slovakia   8)

Tupiniquim

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 17:42 »
Sad, if there's anything I can help ...

kops

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 18:19 »
Hm well this is an almighty pickle isn't it. I've done a bit of stalking and Raj has been silent on other online accs since the same period of time. I hope he's OK.

Now onto Miasma. Unless we can confirm that using the Donate method would help the hosting situation, then hold fire on using it.

Looking forwards, probably best to investigate new hosting options and ask for donations to a (Paypal?) account set up by, I'd suggest, Piglet, being our de facto head honcho and a thoroughly solid chap.  The balance and donations into the account to be made public monthly.  I'd be happy to send a monthly amount to keep a Freon Server up and, now that we'd have a full copy server up, a vCTF and ONS server with more maps (yay!).

I don't think we'd have too many problems getting enough monthly £ paid to support both servers as it's a tight community.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 18:23 by kops »

Absolute_Madness

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 18:22 »
Sup Piglet,

NFO wont delete the files if you miss a payment. happened to me several times because ive got no donations. they usually keep them for one month.
Raj is not responding to emails/skype or discord?

FugasBoss

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 18:54 »
it looks like we'll have to chip in and rent a new server..

miley.cyrus

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 19:17 »
I hope Raj is okay and its just a glitch and the server will be up any day...

Killer_XTREME!!!

• "Turn your wounds into wisdom"
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 19:31 »
aww man this is sad i dont knw what to do in my free time now  :(

plz dont abandon us  :'(

#WeNeedYouRaj O:-)

Piglet

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2019, 21:16 »
Thanks for all the posts.

I have to say that I am really concerned about Raj. I hope very much that he's ok.

I've been in more contact with the host (the boss), and they can only talk with Raj or an authorised user. I've pointed out that I have administrator access to the entire machine, but I doubt that this is the sort of authorisation he's meaning.

There have been offers and suggestions about hosting the Freon server. That's something I can look into and take forward. Nearly all the code that's on there is public or written by me.

The Warfare server has custom server-side code that Raj asked me to keep private. I've changed and added to this code over time, but wouldn't be able to host that on a server accessible to other people (other than the host obviously!)

I'll make a start in trying to pull together the bits from my somewhat chaotic development PC and get my test server's Freon server looking a bit more like the public one was looking before it was taken down.

sup

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2019, 23:08 »
I hope he's all right..

While you can't contact Raj why we did not create a server with the paid version of the game, I think most players have the full version and we could play other maps, I would donate without problem. Would be a good opportunity to test

I really can not stand Primeval anymore  :'(