Mantarun assist scores removed?  (Read 5112 times)

Vidmal

Mantarun assist scores removed?
« on: June 03, 2020, 09:58 »
Hi people! So here I am finally registering on the forum and writing my first message.
Recently we've noticed that some changes have been made to mantarun mutator settings at Warfare server. What the hell? No more scores and adrenaline points for successfull assist?
Mantarun is a piece of Teamwork and driver's skill is one of the key gaming skills in VCTF like accuracy and knowing where to go and what to do. Yes, you have to defend better when the other team tries to steal the flag with mantarun. It does make the game more dynamic and interesting in my opinion. No, that's no cheating, because mantarun is very vulnerable and there are many ways to effectively counter it.
The drivers must be paid for a well done job!

Piglet

Re: Mantarun assist scores removed?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 10:04 »
I agree. There's a bug in it which I need to get round to fixing before it can be put back. It was rewarding players for driving themselves home in other vehicles...

Welcome!

Vidmal

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 10:17 »
Piglet, 

Piglet

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 14:28 »
What's the most score you should get for helping?
What's the most adrenaline you should get for helping?

There are two options I see in the code for scoring:

1. Points in proportion to time carrying

You get rewarded as a proportion of the time you helped the flag carrier. If they were being carried by you for 100% of the time they held the flag you get 100% of the maximim. If they were being carried by you for 1/4 of the time they held the flag then you get 1/4 of the maximum reward.

2. Points every second carrying

You get one point every game second carrying flag carrier up to the maximum number of points
You get two adrenaline every game second carrying flag carrier up to the maximum number of points

jiRNGen

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 15:44 »
I liked the way it was before,sometimes the driver got more points than the one who captured, it was nice.

On the other side, by doing the job of 2 players by yourself (driving the vehicle alone) , you get  assist points + capture points.

Just my opinion.

Piglet

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 16:22 »
I don't think driving a vehicle home should get you more points than getting home on foot.

I have code in test, but the questions above should help when it comes to testing and configuration:

What's the most score you should get for helping?
What's the most adrenaline you should get for helping?

Which of the two options sounds most fair?
 - I see the second option as not that good. You could get more points for touring the map, and having the carrier give up on you and jump off and make their way back on foot than you would for flying straight back with the flag carrier to cap.

jiRNGen

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 16:37 »

"1. Points in proportion to time carrying"

This option is  more fair.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 16:39 by jiRNGen »

Piglet

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 17:03 »
Yeah. That's what I thought. When I get a chance this evening I'll test the code changes I made at lunch time.

Vidmal

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 18:35 »
I think the first option is not fair. It could be fair to reward the driver in proportion to distance carrying, well, i guess, it's impossible to do in mutator code. You can fly across the map in 3 seconds, but if the enemy has your flag, the entire time of carrying can take up to 10 minutes.
"Points every second carrying" looks more fair to me, the maximum time sholdn't be long, 5 secons or so.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 18:37 by Vidmal »

Piglet

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 20:28 »
I think you missed the point. If you flew around for 10 minutes with the flag carrier with both strategies you would get full reward.

Anyway, code is live. See what you think

Piglet

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 11:26 »
How's it working for you?

Vidmal

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2020, 14:21 »
Sorry, Piglet, last night didnt have a chance to try it, when i was playing on the server, no mantarun maps were voted. It's hard to do mantarun on Bloodbath with 20 players =)
Anyway, we appreciate very much what you're doing, every day working to enhance and improve the servers.

Btw, I didn't miss the piont, in that example if my flag is taken, I wouldn't be flying around for 10 min with the carrior on the wing. I'd bring him home and go back to fight for my flag.

Piglet

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2020, 15:01 »
:)