could we have vctf capelas removed form [mia]warfare ?  (Read 4511 times)

Gil-galad

• Full MemberĀ 
  • Hail the Holy Flying Spaguetti Monster!
Hello fellows,

It's cool to add new maps, but having a lot of maps on the server means that the shitty ones also get in the mix, which leads to boring matches, where nobody or very few feel the pull to really engage in contest. it's probably not a very popular opinion, but I think we should think on removing maps as well as adding. perhaps

The map (capelas) isn't fun to play. i think the right word to describe it is boring.  there are some like that that get voted from time to time, but lets face it : most of the times, ppl don't know what is the map they are voting for - aside the most popular ones.

What do you think, mighty Admins?

oh, and btw : I'd like to have a kick hammer. some players aren't loyal to their teams, and then there's the occasional abuse. I seldom have definitive opinion on those behaviours, but sometimes it's just blatant and there's no admin ingame  => ruined matches.

His sword was long, his lance was keen.
His shining helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

The Fall of Gil-galad - J. R. R. Tolkien

Piglet

Re: could we have vctf capelas removed form [mia]warfare ?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 17:05 »
I'll point the map-meister to this post.

Soma

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 09:40 »
You are right gil, i agree with you, many players leave when they don't like the map. Piggy, why we can't vote for another maps while playing like freon and ictf you know all players should leave and one should stay to vote that's very bad, many times most of players want to change the map but we can't do that, moreover i think we have many boring maps should be removed or fixed.

Piglet

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 10:19 »
Interesting question. It's in code I inherited - I might have a look at it some time.

Annihilator

• Kus on su raamat?
    • annihilatorsc
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 14:00 »
Try reducing vote percentage to 35%. May seem weird, but worked wonders in the ol' days.

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 15:12 »
Sort maps by number of times played and less played maps can be tried once in a while ;) The problem is many awesome maps are often forgotten after a few times and since people vote what they play most, often good stuff remains hidden away. Personally, best maps are always small and fast. The bigger it gets the less patience we have as FPS games attract people with short breaks and high adnil needs :D

Piglet

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 15:34 »
What we have on the Freon server is that every 3 maps the maplist shows only the lowest played 70 maps. You have to choose something different.