Help helllfire about his new screen  (Read 4941 times)

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
Help helllfire about his new screen
« on: May 16, 2019, 21:34 »
Hi guys,

How much should I pay for this : AOC modèle e2795Vh second hand :)

Is it good for photo editing? I am attracted by the size ie. 27 inch but cannot make up my mind. Budget is tight until August lol.

Would love to know if anyone has an opinion on brand / model :) Thanks a lot.

Best,

Hell

Nardaq_NL

Re: Help helllfire about his new screen
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 23:13 »
Don't buy,
This monitor has a TN-panel and they are worst for photoshop/editing due to bad viewing angle. but good for gaming due to respond time.

For this you want a IPS panel. of any kind.

the E2795VH has a new value of €250,- back in 2011. so after 8 years and secondhand i'd say €50-75,- or so.

hellfire

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 00:39 »
Thanks a lot mate :) This is exactly my budget €50 ;) Would you agree that if I look 90 degree then I can do some photo editing? My present laptop supports 2 monitors ;) I can then go for this one and later on buy another IPS as you suggested :) Let me know about the view angle and many thanks for your help :)

Btw, this model started out with an MVA but they shifted to TNT. If I am lucky and this guy has the MVA then I will scoop it up but this is totally luck :)

Nardaq_NL

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 21:21 »
Sure u can use the monitor, but not recommended. It's because its a big screen, color will be off on the edge of the screen (center point of view). That all. :)

hellfire

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 23:50 »
Guess what I found ;) My laptop is 144 hrtz, IPS with gsync lol. So, if I use this for editing, I will be just fine. Meaning, this new 27 inch can be my movie mate :D

I was actually wanting the photo editing option since my old laptop LVDS cable went bust and the additional display became its primary. So, if ever shit happens to my beautiful IPS, then the 27 inch was revolving in my head but with my budget, I think I will be going in on this as my movie pal.

Thanks a lot Naraq for your opinion and help :) It really helped to get my thoughts clear :)

Have a nice weekend mate and see you in the game :)

Best Regards,
Hell