Nyrde introducing  (Read 5331 times)

nyrde

Nyrde introducing
« on: February 07, 2020, 07:43 »
Hello!
My close friends call me Nyrde, hence the nick. I'm living in Finland right in the center of Helsinki, so if you're ever visiting Helsinki, give me a heads-up and lets have a pint or something. I've had a about 10 years brake from this game. I used to play instagib CTF quite alot and some ONS. I think used nick "Bedi" of "Fobba" back in those days. Can't remember for sure... too many blackouts in between. I kinda moved to consoles in between (embarassing I know) and mostly partied (I emphasize the partying part). But now the party is over and I brought a brand new gaming computer about a year ago and one day noticed this game on my bookshelf and decided to give it a try. I was really suprised and happy to see that people are still playing this game which I consider to be the pinnacle of FPS (before they all turned into COD clones). The instagib community is pretty much dead which was actually very lucky for me because of it I found this FREON game mode which is so much more fun. Even though the skill level is ridiculous, but I do not mind the challenge!

Happy to be here and I'll see you in the arena!

PS. I know I sometimes forget the thawing, but I'm working on it. I'm considering of getting a tatoo on my forehead "Thaw, you Bitch!" or smth :D

kops

Re: Nyrde introducing
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 08:47 »
Welcome and glad you made it here.

Yeah some ppl get a bit over-dramatic about thawing but just keep at it - you've had some filthy kills on me!

Always remember (and a lot of people don't) that Freon is generally thawing first, killing second. The team that thaws more will win 9/10 games.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 09:33 by kops »

hagis

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 10:30 »
welcome :)

whats fun about freon is the different strategies, with most ut it's lots of shooting,. thawing adds another dimension
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 11:32 by hagis »

Piglet

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 10:35 »
Freon requires more than a good aim to win. There's a lot of tactical thought needed to know the most appropriate thing to do at any point in the game.

For me (while I know that it's not always the best thing to do) I really enjoy going rambo at the start of a round where the other team aren't expecting me. It often doesn't work but when it does it's so funny I'm laughing so much I can't aim....and then I die. It's worth it.

There may be hints and tips here of things that you've not yet worked out:

https://freon.miasma.rocks/

nyrde

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 11:23 »
Thanks guys. I agree FREON is actually very strategic. You have to know when to engage when to back out when to hide and you also need map knowledge to flank people and predict their movement. And some of the top players seem to be able to implement real team tactics as well, or at least it seems so when I get sandwiched from all directions by perfect timing :D. And also, most FPS games suffer from small health and hitscan weapons: the person with the lowest ping and fastest reaction times (i.e. kids, since reaction times increase as you get older) have huge andvantage. And the level desings are amazing, alot of variety, thanks to who ever has been doing these maps. iCTF, for example, is just hanging your brain in the coat hangar and run for the flag and shoot everything on the way which is fun, of course, in its own way. And yes... I like analyzing things... Piggy: I have noticed... You have really suprised me a few times, and made me and others panic and fail miserably :D

NOPE

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 11:43 »
Welcome Nyrde!

Don't shoot me.

zeus

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 12:27 »
Aim for the NYRDE.EXE :) I started playing Freon ~3,5 months ago, turned out OK

nyrde

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 13:59 »
Nope: Thanks. I won't... unless you are in my way.
Zeus: Hahaha... it might take me a while to achieve that. Really? What the hell are you?

holyspam

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2020, 14:01 »
Aim for the NYRDE.EXE :) I started playing Freon ~3,5 months ago, turned out OK AFTER PLAYING UT FOR LIKE 10 YEARS
Fixed

welcome nyrde!

}TCP{Cloud

• If everything is a dream, don't wake me up.
    • Cl04d
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 15:49 »
Welcome Nyrde. :-)

GPREZQ

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 17:10 »
Welcome Nyrde  :)